herc rmx and vdj pr...

Notifications
Clear all

herc rmx and vdj pro

20 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone im new to this site and was wondering something about the rmx and vdj pro. i am in the market for an rmx and i was reading a review that said if you update your version of vdj to pro you wont be able to use your head phones. is this true? are there any type of glitches? also what is your guys take on the rmx? should i get it or is there something better for the money?
thanks in advance

10 Answers

Hello Pepe,

If you upgrade from VDJ 5 DJC to VDJ 5 Pro or VDJ 6 Pro, you will still be able to use your headphones, of course. 
VDJ 5.2.1 Pro has causes no issues compared to VDJ 5.2.2 DJC, it just gives new features.

10 Answers
Topic starter

ok cool. cause as soon as i get it im gonna upgrade to VDJ PRO 6.0. Also what would you recommond the rmx or the steel? i like the fact that the rmx has a built in sound processer but i like how the steel has more effect buttons and the lil knobs to control the effects. i already have an m-audio fast track pro incase i get the steel but i cant decide. any coments?

10 Answers
Topic starter

The RMX rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Answers
Topic starter

I'd recommend Traktor Pro over VDJ 6 any day, it have more effects and you can assign them to any button or knob on the RMX.

10 Answers

Hello Pepe,

Whether you should choose a DJ Console Rmx or a DJ Control Steel is up to you.
- If you think your Fast Track Pro matches your DJ audio needs, then you should choose DJ Control Steel.
- If you think you need some audio features specific to DJ Console Rmx integrated audio (as microphone pass through, or audio inputs, or jack 1/4 plugs), then don't hesitate to choose the Rmx.
 With DJ Console Rmx + VirtualDJ 6 Pro, you can modulate the effects with your jog wheels.

DJ Control Steel has morebuttons for effects, but, with VirtualDJ Pro, you can convert some Rmx buttons into shift buttons (for example Cioce has a VirtualDJ Pro map for the Rmx which converts the Source buttons into Shift buttons to duplicate the buttons 1 to 6 into buttons 7 to 12). The map is on
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html .

10 Answers

Hello matt.francis,

You probably don’t know VirtualDJ 6 Pro as well as you know Traktor Pro.

1) There are much more effects in VirtualDJ 6 Pro than in Traktor Pro:
- You can read the  list of effects on  http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/effects.html
- One can also load VST plugins as effects in VirtualDJ Pro.

2) One can assign any command or effect on any button of the Rmx in VirtualDJ Pro, with VirtualDJ Pro mapper (the mapper is not part of in VirtualDJ DJC versions, it requires VirtualDJ Pro). You can check the list of maps in VirtualDJ Pro and the information on VDJScript if you don't know how to assign commands on DJ Console Rmx buttons in VirtualDJ 6 Pro. 

I do'nt mean you should not recommend Traktor Pro, but Traktor Pro has not more effects than VirtualDJ 6 Pro, and VirtualDJ 6 Pro is mappable as Traktor.

10 Answers
Topic starter

@Maxjack I'm not saying you can't map effects in VDJ6, you can map the RMX with any midi base software such as Ableton etc. but i prefer Traktor as i find it more intuitive.

10 Answers
Topic starter

Also with VDJ7 coming soon you can't go wrong.

10 Answers
Topic starter

i'm lost i installed my rmx yesterday right now im trying to instal vdj 5 djc but when i click on it, it wont install what may be the issue? i had vdj 3 before but i removed it to install this one that came with rmx? help please

10 Answers
Topic starter

i'm lost i installed my rmx yesterday right now im trying to instal vdj 5 djc but when i click on it, it wont install what may be the issue? i had vdj 3 before but i removed it to install this one that came with rmx? help please

nevermind i just changed my usb port connection and its installing sorry pro dj im just a beginner to the new digi world i djd since 15 but with cd's and a cheap mixer 10 yrs later i'm back and ready to rock the house! u guys give awesome tips

10 Answers
Topic starter

hello pepe,

if you upgrade from vdj 5 djc to vdj 5 pro or vdj 6 pro, you will still be able to use your headphones, of course. 
vdj 5.2.1 pro has causes no issues compared to vdj 5.2.2 djc, it just gives new features.

Topic starter

ok cool. cause as soon as i get it im gonna upgrade to vdj pro 6.0. also what would you recommond the rmx or the steel? i like the fact that the rmx has a built in sound processer but i like how the steel has more effect buttons and the lil knobs to control the effects. i already have an m-audio fast track pro incase i get the steel but i cant decide. any coments?

Topic starter

the rmx rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic starter

id recommend traktor pro over vdj 6 any day, it have more effects and you can assign them to any button or knob on the rmx.

Page 1 / 2