rmx pc audio crash?...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx pc audio crash? (sorry cant think of a better description!)

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

firstly id like to thank fatso for his help in getting the rmx off and running on my laptop about a month ago, great advice and much appreciated.

laptop is a sony vaio, xp professional, service pack 3, intel cpu t2050 @ 1.60ghz, 1.60 ghz, 1.49 ram.

since getting the rmx to function correctly with virtual dj 6.0.7 pro for a good few weeks, today i had what appears to be some kind of midi/audio crash on the console which has resulted in no sound since coming out via the rmx console since.

i was cueing up a track on the a deck while playing the b deck, when the backwards and forwards and pausing motion of my hand on the a deck jog wheel began to be replicated on the b decks audio through the speakers.
since then no sound has been played from the rmx while the midi control functions such as cross-fade, volume etc are all replicated on screen on vdj 6.0.7 pro, so it appears the midi is still communicating with the computer. vdj works when played with just the speaker connected into the laptop perfectly well.

thanks very much in advance

3 Answers
Topic starter

additional info on the problem, im getting audio through the headphones, which seems to mean that ive got something wrong in the audio set up or perhaps a soundcard issue?

thanks in advance

Topic starter

you might want to take a look over these guidelines:  http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/hercules%20rmx%20setup.html

Topic starter

hi radiofc,

thanks for you tip, i tried that but it didnt seme to make any difference. thanks for your tip though.
any other suggestions?