hercules 4-mx conne...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4-mx connectivity issues (windows 8)

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys,

so ive been having connectivity issues with this used hercules 4-mx i picked up not so long ago.

from what i gather, im not the only one, and have looked into the various fixes and such ive found on the forums here and the good old inerwebs in general.

basically, after making sure i installed the most recent hercules drivers (and even had the device plugged in when it asks you to), ive plugged the device in and no matter what i do i cant seem to make the controller recognizable.
upon being plugged in, windows attempts to recognize and identify the controller properly, but fails to do so and continues to display it as an "unknown device"

in fact, the only response i get from the controller itself upon plugging it in is the mic on/off button lights up for about a good 6 or 7 seconds, and then fades out.

ive tried a few different things to fix the problem, including disabling my xhci usb thing in my bios, but anything ive tried appears to have little or no effect.

my next attempt will be to try a powered usb hub as there may be a lack of power going to the device?

anyways, any advice or help on how to fix the problem would be very much appreciated.

thanks,

scot 

Try the new package released yesterday:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1