hercules 4-mx issue

Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4-mx issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hy, i just joined this site, i own a hercules 4-mx dj console and i found that this gig caused me some problems.
what kind of problems ...? dont worry ill tell u ...

i was preparing the gig for 31.12.2011 at a restaurant, did the sound check. everything sounded ok. now comes the bomb ... i wanted to use the talk-over function of the microphone, so i toggled it on and in that moment my active subwoofer "exploded" and i heard a pop noise on the outs ... i forgot to mention i was using 2 active speakers on the main and a subwoofer.

in that moment when i toggled the microphone the woofer went "boom" ... funny huh ...? anyway i updated the driver. one more thing when i was live with one track on my main outs and cueing in my headphones the next track ive also hears some pop-noize like the mains and in that moment the console stoped responding to my comands, there was no play/pause.stop,no channel crossfader, x-fader. nothing was moving on the mixing program.

i tried it after the new driver installation and now it works .. i dont understand

about the mic talk-over function .. is it to select the level of the attenuation like -3db or -6db i dont know i will try. anyway any suggestion would be very apreciated

Hello,

1) What you describe looks like a larsen issue: if you plug a microphone to a speaker (via a DJ Console or via any amplifier), and set the microphone on with the microphone in front of the speaker, you have a huge larsen issue, with a huge noise in the speaker.

2) Please precise your complete equipment (you have a section describe your equipment in your profile for it) as:
- you computer: brand, model, CPU, RAM
- your environment:  Windows or Mac, and which version (for example Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1)
- your DJ software (name and version)
- your microphone: brand and model

3) You should not write messages in capital letters: it is difficult to read your message because of its capital letters, I suppose most visitors of the forum will not take the pain to read your message because of these capital letters.

Topic starter

Hy. Sorry for the capital writing. I'll give you some technical informations.

- laptop acer aspire 5741zg with intel pentium processor, 1.86ghz, dual-core, 3gb ddram3 running windows 7 32-bit

- traktor pro 2 as a mixing software cause i don't like virtual dj with the mapping file for the console

- samson q6 dynamic microphone

- hook-up diagram: usb connection between the laptop and the console, output 1 and 2 as my main connected to two active speakers ( output 1 for the left speaker and output 2 for the right speaker), before starting traktor i set from the console pannel to wdm so that i can use both winamp and traktor running thru, setting this to asio won't allow winamp to start playing. in traktor i set to hercules 4-mx asio, internal mixing and added the mapping file taken from hercules.com or google.
started mixing, sound checking, trying to use the talk-over function, when activated makes a pop-noise on the mains. so what i just described works for a while but after a few hours the console stops responding to my comands. for example: while deck a plays a track on the out, i can't cue next track on deck b, can't use the gain know, master knob doesn't respond, channel fader, crossfader, even cue, play or stop buttons - when moving a knob or togglin a button on/off i don't get the feedback from the software and after a few restarts works until it comes to the same cycle as mentioned before.

my question: is it something that i am mising, or something that im doing or not doing right. one last thing i said that i don't like using virtual dj, i have the le version that came with the console, when using this program i can't use the pitch fader on deck b, and just without touching it from the console it goes all by itself up and down, up and down so that's why i was thinking of a bette solution like traktor.

wish u all the best. bye

Hello,

1) For the console not responding after a few hours
I suspect it is a power supply issue on the USB port.

It may come from Windows allowing the system to stop powering the USB to save power. You should disable this setting on all your USB ports.
The guidelines to disable this setting are here.
- Right click on MY COMPUTER icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Select the Device Manager (on left)
- Develop the Universal Serial Bus Controllers paragraph,
- Right-click on the first line USB root hub> Properties > Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
- Repeat the same operation on all USB root hub lines.

Another possibility is that there is not enough power on the USB port: you should check if you get the same issue on another USB port on the same computer.

2) For the pop-noise when activating the microphone input
It is normal on this design. The way to avoid the pop is to activate the microphone all the time, and set the microphone volume to 0 when you don't use it.

3) For the VirtualDJ 7 LE pitch fader moving alone
I don't understand how you get this issue. Are you sure you didn't activate the Sync mode?