hercules 4mx and wi...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4mx and windows xp

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so ive owned the hercules 4-mx for quite some time now, and after using t with windows 8 and 8.1, i realized that this os was probably not the best to run programs for live shows (windows 8 loves to work on background tasks whenever the computer isnt "running"). i decided to try using windows xp. the installation worked but when i tried to get my main and monitor ouputs working, the computer was unable to do so. it leaves me rather frustrated not being about to use both outs.

im also a huge advocate of the gnu/linux distributions and i was think about trying it out using a linux-based operating system (ubuntu, debian, zorin, linux mint, etc). would this be a smarter idea or worse? any tips?

thanks!

Hello,

For the audio outputs, I suppose the issue you meet is due to the audio mode expected in the DJ software (either ASIO or WDM) is not the same as the audio mode in your DJ Console 4-Mx control panel.

So please check your audio setting, and use ASIO in both.

You should
1) precise your error message if any (write exactly the error message, it is a precise technical information),
2) complete your profile here:
- Hercules equipment in use: DJ Console 4-Mx
- DJ software in use: fill this part
- Describe your equipment: descibe your computer.