hercules dj air usb...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj air usb device not recognized

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey, i bought hercules dj air in february and used it for a month and a half without any problems when suddenly my laptop stopper recognizing the device. the laptop fails to recognize the controller no matter which usb port i use. i tried reinstalling the drivers, but no luck. i get a pop-up in the bottom right of my screen: usb decide not recognized...

i was using virtualdj pro 7 with it and now i get the message: error in the asio sound driver: your soundcard is probably not connected or the settings are incorrect.

i also have djuced 18 and i get a pop-up saying: dj device designed for djuced 18 not recognized. the application will run in demo mode for 30 minutes.

i never dropped the deck on anthing, it was not physically damaged for sure...

any help, please??  

i have intel core i3, 64-bit win7, 4gb of ram.  

Topic starter

Have you test your Hecules panel on another PC?

Topic starter

Hey, I took it for a service and I got it bacl... they claimed it still works but I still get the same error message. I tried also with another laptop, still getting same message.

Any tips, anyone? 

Hello,

1) It would be more useful that you type the full error message, instead of summing up "USB decide not recognized...". The error message is a useful information to identify the problem.

2) In VirtualDJ 7, getting the message "Error in the ASIO sound driver" does not mean your sound board is not working, it only means the ASIO sound board you have selected in your last session of VirtualDJ 7 is no longer detected. You should go in VirtualDJ 7 config, audio setup, and check which sound board is selected, possibly reselect it, click on OK and Apply, and then say what you get.

3) When you run DJ Control Air control panel, please let us know what you get in the about panel:
- driver package version
- firmware version

Last driver package today is 2014_HDJS_1, you can download it here, and if you don't use this driver package, please install it.

4) Which Djuced 18 release have you installed?
if it is not release 1.0.91, which is downloadable here, you should install the release Djuced 18 1.0.91.

5) Have you tested installing DJ Control Air with no other USB device connected (I have met once an issue with a Dj controller which was not detected, and the issue was caused by the USB mouse, which seemed properly working but locked the power supply on all the USB ports)?

6) Have you tried connecting the DJ Control Air via USB hub which has its own power adapter? Have you tried changing the USB port?

7) If, after making all these attempts (drivers update, DJuced 18 update to 1.0.91, test with no other USB device excepted a USB hub with its power adapter) can you check the following setting:
Click on button Windows > Control panel > System > Device Manager
Display the list "Device Manager > Audio, Video and Game Controllers"
Right-click on "DJ Control Air"> Properties
Click on "Driver" tab
Make sure, in the list of drivers, you can read ksthunk.sys.

If ksthunk.sys is not listed, it means this ressource of Windows was changed in you computer.
To change it, either contact Hercules tech support or accept my invitation (My Space > My friends) and "send me message" so that I email you this file.

Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack,

thank you for all your suggestions and possible solutions. It still 'smells' to me as if I couldn't install the driver properly. I'll go through your points one by one.

1) All that I actually get is a standard "USB not recognized" pop up in the system-tray. When I click on it, here's what I get. 

Can you tell me how could I get a more sensible error message?

2) Here's what I see in VDJ7. Every time I select and go "apply" I get the same "Error in the ASIO sound driver" message.

3)  I actually have problems with these control panel, it freezes on the MAIN tab, and I'm unable to switch to the other ones. This is how it looks.

4) I have that version installed.

5) Did that just now, still the same. But the installation looks wierd to me, at the moment when it asks me to plug in my Hercules device and click next, I do so, then I hear the sound when you put something in the USB post. It the meanwhile the preinstalling a bunch of things, then installer is detecting the devices. Halfway through its progress bar it says something like "installing drivers, this may take a few minutes..." then it doesn't actually continue filling this bar, but it quits immediatelly. And then I get a message that the installation is completed. But of course things are not working :/ Therefore I suspect that my device is not recognized during installation

6) Via USB hub, no, I haven't tried with that one, I don't have one. But I didn try changing the USB ports. No effect. 

7) In the decive manager I have Sound, Video and Game controllers. But there is no DJ Control Air there

The Unknown Device in the USB controllers is the DJ controller...

Given all this I think that the controller is powered (passes the power test, that's what they also said in the music shop where I bought it), it really baffles me, I don't know what could be the problem... were there some win 7 updates that conflict with the controllers drivers?

Any help would be appretiated! 

Thanks,
Matija