Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj control instinct problem

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi im getting this problem:

i use the controlller for about 10 minutes and it starts making like a bad contact o tcs tcs tcs tcs tcs tcs tcs sound like static but i dont know what it is.

im a little sad because my mom got it for me from spain and i was so excited to dj for the first time, now im worried that if the controller is damaged i wont be able to get a new one because the prices here in venezuela it was 99 euros, almost 110 dollars here the price is 8.500 bolivars, that would be  like 350 dollars.

i hear the sound from both speakers and headphones  

Topic starter

i put safe mode on performance and it fixed for like 5 minutes, i think it must be something related to the latencys.
help me plz 

Apply the recommandations of the follwing document:

Topic starter

Hi thanks for the answer im gonna do that to see if the problem solves.

I was using the controller like 10 minutes ago and it made a metallic noise on the audio like a grinder, both on headphones and the speakers. I unplugged it and put it on a side, then i plugged it it and loaded a track and it made the noise  like 3 times on 10 seconds.
Im getting worried. Frown 

I tried to record it on virtual dj and it cant hear it after on the file

Hello Odinmax,

Make sure you have disabled the Wifi on your PC as it looks like a CPU performance issue, and Wifi causes exactly this type of issue.

Please post your PC configuration
- computer model,
- CPU model and speed,
- graphic chipset and display resolution,
- RAM,
- version of Windows,
- version of DJControl Instinct driver,
- version of Djuced 18,
so that we can propose directions of optimization.

Topic starter

Hello Thanks for the answers.

Im using a "little bit old laptop" from 2005 :s

-Toshiba Satellite  A105-S2031
-Intel Celeron M 1.70gHz
-Ati Radeon xpress 200m chipset  1280x800
-2gb of DDR2 SDRAM 
-Microsoft Windows XP profesional Version 2002 SP3
-The latest one
-Version 1.0.90 build 4194 (I use Virtual DJ Pro 7)

Hello,

The Celeron chipset is indeed a small CPU, which may explain issues caused by lack of CPU ressources.
I suggest you follow the recommendations of DJ Phatso pdf documents to optimise your computer, and you also set the priority of the processor ressources on the foreground programs.

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER to open the System Properties dialog box.
  2. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then under Processor scheduling, select Programs (instead of Background) to assign more processor resources to the foreground programs. This setting is recommended DJing on a small CPU.