hercules mk4 input ...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules mk4 input issues

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

first of all im sorry for my google translate english.

i bought a hercules mk4 with the intention of using it as an audio interface for my cdj1000 mk3 with timecodes. i did the installation with the latest drivers available in the site correctly, checked the operation on my macbook as the product support page informs, ran the controller independently on virtualdj and everything worked ok.

but when i have to connect the cdjs to the mk4 inputs, the controller simply freezes or disconnects. looking at the control panel, the settings become gray, not allowing anything to be changed. ive done a lot of tests like reinstalling the drivers, turning on the controller with the cdj plugged in, and nothing worked. but, once i did something different, everything worked, i was able to control the virtualdj with my cdj using timecodes and sending the output signal to an external mixer, everything perfect. but by turning off the equipment and restarting them without making any modifications at all, the problems happened again and i was unable to reconnect.

my main djing laptop is a macbook pro, but i own a windows 10 desktop where i also did the tests and experienced the same problems, being able to run only 1 or 2 times with the cdj. i already have a considerable experience with controllers and configurations in dj softwares and i can not see a problem, not even a hardware problem considering that for once everything worked ok on the mac, and 1 or 2 times on windows. if anyone can help me, ill be grateful. thank you.

*to complement im connecting the controller to a usb 2.0 port, i tested it with 2 different usb cables, and my macbook is using the osx sierra.