hercules rmx asio w...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx asio wont work in ableton

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ok, before i say everything, here is what i did do.
- ensure that i installed the new 2012 windows 7/8 version driver set
- ensured that the interface is set to asio
- set the input and ouput in ableton to the hercules
- turned on control and the other one in ableton as well

now with those in mind. when i try to go into asio or even asio4all, it will not run through the asio of the hercules. it pops up an error saying it cannot load the hercules asio. if i try to set it to the hercules without the asio4all, it says that the sound engine is turned off?? all drivers are working fine, works in other programs..

any help, i got a show in a couple weeks and this is making a serious bind.

thank you,
rick mitchell 

Since the Rmx already has dedicated ASIO drivers, you don't need ASIO4all, and you might want to uninstall it to prevent any possible causes of conflict. And if the Rmx ASIO is working correctly with other softwares, it should be the same for Live. 

Was it ever working with Live previously, or it this the first time you've tried it ?

What version of Live are you using ?

Topic starter

I only got ASIO4ALL to try and bypass it when it wouldn't work. I had this for about 1 year now, But I used it on my other laptop that crashed. It was Win XP. Now I have Windows 7. and this is the first time OI have hooked it up to this computer. It worked great with the other system, not a problem.

I tried to install it first and I think i got the wrong drivers, so I uninstalled it and did it again with the new 2012 drivers. I am wondering if ableton is still trying to register what I had set up before? but I have no clue how to take it off of ableton, then bring it back in.

I just loaded Cross Dj to make sure it works and it worked without anything having to be done. another thing I just noticed is, the hercules when I had it set up on the old system, it worked as the default sound card as well, I could just open a song and W.M.P would play through it. now it won't play and comes up with an error.... oh how I LOVE witching O.S. ha 

Topic starter

oh yeah, it is live 8.2. 🙂

The Rmx should also become the system default audio device with Win 7. The only reason you should get an error when trying to use WMP would be if the RMX is still set to ASIO (instead of WDM) in the Control panel. Don't forget that this needs to be done manually after closing your software (only VDJ will default back automatically upon exit).

As for Live, when you select this configuration, it does not work, correct ?

Driver type: ASIO

Audio Device : Hercules DJ Console RMX ASIO

Out of curiosity, does the Buffer size (under Latency) correspond to the ASIO buffer size selected in the DJ Control Panel ?

Topic starter

Just as you responded( thank you for responding) I figured it out. Here is what happened so other people can NOT deal with this. 
The new RMX drivers are A-OK.

Ableton had the previous driver settings locked into the software, even after re-installing the drivers 3 times, Ableton never got it. You have you unistall ableton and re-install it, then BAM. Asio is working fine. 🙂

what a headache....

Thanks Dj Phatso 

Topic starter

OK.. and I am back. I left my computer off for a couple weeks while I am pounding the finals of my semester out, I hooked everything back up to the ports they were in and again... ableton will not allow me to use the asio driver for my Hercules. I am truly running out of ideas, I can only uninstall and reinstall so many times.

And ASIO still works correctly with Cross DJ, correct ?