hercules rmx + exte...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx + external mixer + timecode latency problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all, i have this big problem with latency maybe someone could help me...
this is my setup:
-hercules rmx with vdj 7
- external mixer gemini umx 7 
- one numark deck and serato time coded winyl
- strong laptop with vista

all plugged together

problem is i want to use gemini as external mixer and scratch a little in mixes on a party but the latency on external mixer i soo bad that i cant even do simple chirp scratches or crabs

yes, im using the newest asio and hercules drivers

is there any solution for this? or rmx just can handle the latency or maybe vdj is weak program ?

please help or suggest something
thanks in advande 

Hello,

1) In VirtualDJ 7 Pro, click on Config and go to the Performance tab to set the latency for scratching. 

2) A "strong laptop with Vista" doesn't exist.
A strong laptop can exist with Windows 7 or with Windows XP, but with Windows Vista your laptop will always be a slow laptop, it will just be either slow or very slow, it cannot be good because Vista is weak regarding latency or performance.

3) As you neither describe your
- computer configuration (CPU type & speed, RAM, complete operating system or your ASIO settings,
- your VirtualDJ version (Virtual DJ 7: 701 Pro, 70.2 Pro, 7.0.3 Pro, 7.04 Pro?)
let me believe you have not read the configuration guidelines, they are here

Topic starter

Sorry for late posting :/

ad.1 I have Virtual Dj 7.0 Pro there is now "latency for scratching" its set to 1ms, pure scratch tempo, fast resizing, optimize for latency

ad.2 vista home premium, thoshiba satellite with 4gb ram, dual core and such 

thing is, there is no latency on herculeses crossfader i can do clear chirps, but on external there is huge even with original battlebreak vinyl and source button on herc 

Hello,

The Rmx audio cannot go as low as 1ms latency, a 2 or 4ms latency would anyway be a good latency, and 6ms would be good considering you have Vista, so the 1ms latency displayed by the software is not the actual latency in my opinion.

Can you 
- close VirtualDJ,
- open DJ Console Rmx control panel,
- set the audio mode to ASIO,
- and set a low latency (as 6 or 4ms)
- and afterwards run VirtualDJ Pro and activate the line inputs as inputs, to run VirtualDJ + Rmx in ASIO?