hercules rmx + exte...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx + external soundcard? (noise problem)

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey all,

i have a hercules dj console rmx and i was wondering if it was possible to control traktor with the dj controller while outputting through another soundcard.  

(i have a desktop pc with a creative x-fi soundcard)

the problem is that as soon as i connect rca cables to my hercules rmx, i start getting a ton of audible signal noise on my speakers. obviously the built-in soundcard is pretty low quality, so i was wondering how i could set it up to output from my other soundcard.

sorry if this is confusing -- feel free to ask questions if it is. thanks for the help!  

Indeed, it is possible to use the Rmx as a controller only. Simply configure the audio section of Traktor to use the Creative ASIO driver instead of the Rmx, and assign the output for both main out and headphone preview.

That being said, can you be a bit more precise about the noise in your speakers when using the Rmx as an audio interface ?

Does it occur only when using it with Traktor or also when simply reading a file with say iTunes?

What kind of speakers are you using ? Do you require some sort of adapter to connect the Rmx ?