hercules rmx... hug...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx... huge problem!

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone, im new and bla, bla, bla.

so, lets go to the problem, i think its very strange. so today i start a little bit of djing in the morning and all this stuff... and recently i buy some speakers (also hercules, btw) so, i always mixed with only my headphones and with the "pre-listen", but now i thought that it was time to mix with speakers and headphones. i connected everything (i bought like a link that connects the outputs 3-4 to the speakers) but, it sound very, very low (strangely, it sounded more louder when the knob of the speaker was about to close)...

so i was so confused and i didnt know if it was problem of the speakers or the table. so i decided to try the table with the speakers of another pc (i normally dj with my laptop, not a "table" pc)... i install all the stuff of the cd that is coming with the hercules rmx... but suddendly, the table just "died" it doesnt show any light, or reaction. i was a little bit scared that i broke something, so i just erase everything from the pc and go again with my laptop...

but again, the table didnt show any reaction. nothing. i erase everything in my laptop, and i re-installed again... but the laptop seem a lot of f*kedup. like everything was going too slow. then i erased, and re-installed... this a lot of times.

now, finally the laptop doesnt seems fucked up (it has a normal work) and i got all the newest drivers (as i check in the "web update" that comes with the cd) that i downloaded of a post of this forum... but the "only" problem is that my hercules rmx is now like a metallic brick of 7kgs. i tried every usb port, but it doesnt work. only in one port, sometimes it show like a system signal saying something like (now it doesnt show anymore) "realtek usb 2.0 has a extra charge of energy", like if the hercules rmx is requering more energy that the usb port gives (which is so strange, because it worked like 20 hours ago...)

some details:

- the speakers are xps 2.0 10 gloss (  http://www.hercules.com/uk/speakers/bdd/p/106/xps-2-0-10-gloss/  ) 
- the laptop has windows 7
- the link is the normal one, which comes with the pack
- although the table is a second-hand table, it works so good... and i have it like 6 months or more.

so, my first problem is that now my remixer is just a big brick of metal (i pressed the "mic button" btw, because i read that this "restarts" the controller) and the second one is that my speakers seem also fuckd up...

hope somebody can help me, ill be very thankfull. sorry for my english if its anything wrong, im not native-english speaker.

thanks for reading. 

Topic starter

Actually, I search from the net some solutions... and I found something to "restart" the usb (from Microsoft, this exactly:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900 ) and I applied first method 3, then 1 and then 2... and also the "alternative method"... but nothing work'd.

Althought, when I connect the RMX when I'm starting the laptop, the laptop goes very slowly again... And I extract the usb from the laptop and the laptop goes good...

¿Maybe the RMX is broken? ¿Or the link? ¿Or the laptop? ¿Or the USB inputs? ¿Or RMX's USB input?

Dunno, I'm very lost... 

Topic starter

Ah, and more info.

I tried to connect an USB and it worked good...

Sorry for causing troble. but this is getting me very frustated... 

So just to be clear:

- you bought the Rmx used?

- at the moment, it only seems to "sometimes" react on one specific USB port on your laptop?

- When you say you "tried to connect an USB and it worked good", are you refering to the Rmx or to another USB device?

Topic starter

Yes, I bouht an RMX used. But I used the RMX for like 6 months, and when I tried to make this "changes" it "died".

Actually, it reacts in all USB... In one, when I connect, it goes very slowly and all this stuff, and then it appears that message ( Realtek USB 2.0 has a extra charge of energy ) but only sometimes. In the others USB it also reacts.

I'm refering to another USB device. Obviously, the Rmx worked in all usb in the past...

Thanks. 

By "react" you mean that:

- upon connecting the USB, the normal initialisation phase occur (i.e. the LED flash)?

- once enumerated, you can access the DJ Control panel ?

-  the Rmx is seen as an audio and MIDI device (i.e it can be used in DJ softwares) ?

The "problem" you are having on that specific USB port is not uncommun. Although they should, not all USB ports are created equal, and some share power and ressources with internal devices (such as webcams, card readers, etc). These ports will usually work fine when using low power devices like a mouse, but, as you've seen,  problems may occur if a device require more power or bandwidth. 

Topic starter

By "react" you mean that:

- upon connecting the USB, the normal initialisation phase occur (i.e. the LED flash)?

- once enumerated, you can access the DJ Control panel ?

-  the Rmx is seen as an audio and MIDI device (i.e it can be used in DJ softwares) ?

The "problem" you are having on that specific USB port is not uncommun. Although they should, not all USB ports are created equal, and some share power and ressources with internal devices (such as webcams, card readers, etc). These ports will usually work fine when using low power devices like a mouse, but, as you've seen,  problems may occur if a device require more power or bandwidth. 

Actually... non of them make the table react. Not a single light or anything like that. Is only that when I connect the table while I'm opening the laptop, it goes slow, and when I disconnect the table it goes more faster. Or, it appears a warning message in one of them.

For the second point, I'm not exactly sure what are you talking about... maybe the Control Panel>Hercules DJ Series Control Panel? Yes, I can access to that, but it looks very strange... like if everything has a bug. It looks great and all this, but the "options" like (USB streaming) has that thing which you can select the option (I don't know how it's called in english) a little bit weird.

And for the last point, I don't know how I can look this. 

Thanks for your patience, btw hahah. 

Topic starter

Ok... I just did what it's here:

and when I start the "Midi Mon" it says that "No Midi device found, this aplication can't be start!" In all the 3 USB ports...

Topic starter

More info...

I did this:

but at the point 4 it didn't showed any kind of message... and  of course, the table didn't react with the "Mic On/Off" thing...

Topic starter

Hi again... Sorry for bein' annoying, but this is so important for me.

I just tried now my console in the another PC, and still, not works. Not a single light, or reaction... (but well, I think I just erase everything in the PC, but there were Hercules files, I think...) so; I hope that's a link problem or there's another way to arrange that, because if not I'll have a 200$ metal brick case in front of me Llora...

Now I'm so lost. I think that I'll buy some link, but that the fact that I didn't find any info in the net is starting to scare me... 

From the sound of it all, it looks like you unfortunately might have a dead unit on your hand. Being used, we don't know what kind of abuse it was submitted to by the previous owner.

As a last attemp, I would suggest trying the following procedure:

TS.HERCULES.COM "http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf"

br />
If this fails, then I'm affraid there isn't much more that can be done.

Topic starter

From the sound of it all, it looks like you unfortunately might have a dead unit on your hand. Being used, we don't know what kind of abuse it was submitted to by the previous owner.

As a last attemp, I would suggest trying the following procedure:

TS.HERCULES.COM "http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf"

br />
If this fails, then I'm affraid there isn't much more that can be done.

Then again... I tried this. And nothing appears in the point 4 (the "drivers are older than expected" thing)...

And also the table don't react with the "Mic" thing... it's kinda curious that when I installed the RMX in another PC it just broke. Thats like... wtf? It just dies when you connect-it to another PC? I'm gonna buy some USB, I hope the problem is the link...

Thanks buddy. 

As I said, we have no idea if it was used incorrectly by the previous owner or if there was already an intermitent problem (which might be the reason why he sold it).

In regard to the USB, does the port on the console looks or feel loose or damaged?

Topic starter

Actually... not at all. The link doesn't connect at 100% (I mean, it's not fully inserted, but always it had this) to the port on the console...

I dunno... :S