hercules rmx + trak...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx + traktor: no midi out-port!

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, 

i was using my hercules rmx with traktor dj studio without any problem on my old computer, but cant make it work on my new one:

- hercules console installed with the last driver (as administrator): no problem, recognised, can be used in wdm mode.
- turned into asio before the start of traktor, midi channels 1, ...

i configurated traktor, loaded the tks file from hercules website but under midi interface, i have only midi in where i can put a cross.  midi out doesnt appear.

nothing is working because of that i presume.  any idea to fix it?

thanks in advance, 

6 Answers

MIDI out is used for LEDs. If MIDI In is visible, technically, the controller should still work.

However, can you make sure that all components are correctly installed in Device Manager?

6 Answers
Topic starter

I don't see the "usb audio device" in the device manager.

And indeed, I was using another default device, I'll try with your solution and keep you updated.

Thanks anyway... 

6 Answers

The "USB audio device" is most probably seen as Hercules DJ Console Rmx, so if it is indeed there, and that the 3 other components are also present, it would indicate that your console is correctly installed.

What other "default device " are you refering to?

6 Answers
Topic starter

I put the S/PDIF as default audio device to enjoy 5.1 sound for movies.

But anyway, even when I put DJ Console Rmx as default, the problem is not resolved.

I just installed the new traktor 2, to see if it came from traktor, but even if I can choose Hercules Rmx Asio as Audio device, the sample rate and audio latency stay blank, and do not reflect the configuration made in the control panel...Maybe a new track to explore?  

It's just crazy: it worked perfectly on my old computer but not with a more powerfull one!

Please help me! 

6 Answers

Whatever default soundcard you select for Windows does not really affect audio applications such as Traktor .

To be sure you are on the same page here:

- At the moment, all components of the Rmx (and others) seem to be installed and enumerated normally in Device Manager (no yellow ! on any of them) ?

- You can access the DJ control panel and changes settings normally ?

BTW, can you list the info displayed in the ABOUT tab ?

- On this new computer, have you tried different USB ports to see if you get the same result ?

Can you try the following test:

1) Download the following software:

http://www.tropicalcoder.com/ASIOTestSigGen.htm

2) before launching the application,be sure that

- the DJ Console is set to ASIO in the Control panel

- other applications susceptible of using the ASIO driver are closed.

3) Upon launching ASIOSinGen, configure as follow:

- Select ASIO driver:

Obviously choose the Console driver

- Select Device Output:

I would choose the headphone output (Output 3/4) since you can easily control the volume (be sure to  to lower the volume before proceeding with the test).

Once this is done, click any of the wave or noise button which will send a short signal in the headphone. If you can hear the signal, then the ASIO driver is working correctly.

IF however you get an error message, then there may be a problem with the ASIO driver.

4) Switch to WDM in the control panel. Launch ASIOSinGen again.

You should normally get the following window message:

Can't interface with an ASIO driver - Exiting!

Change the audio mode to ASIO and launch ASIOSinGen again. If you are able to launch the applications normally, then the control panel and the ASIO driver are working correctly and that the problem is most probably related to the Traktor.

6 Answers
Topic starter

"On this new computer, have you tried different USB ports to see if you get the same result ?"

I dindn't try it because it was working before, but I just did it and Miracle: everything is working again...

Thanks for your help! 

6 Answers
Topic starter

midi out is used for leds. if midi in is visible, technically, the controller should still work.

however, can you make sure that all components are correctly installed in device manager?

Topic starter

i dont see the "usb audio device" in the device manager.

and indeed, i was using another default device, ill try with your solution and keep you updated.

thanks anyway... 

Topic starter

the "usb audio device" is most probably seen as hercules dj console rmx, so if it is indeed there, and that the 3 other components are also present, it would indicate that your console is correctly installed.

what other "default device " are you refering to?

Topic starter

i put the s/pdif as default audio device to enjoy 5.1 sound for movies.

but anyway, even when i put dj console rmx as default, the problem is not resolved.

i just installed the new traktor 2, to see if it came from traktor, but even if i can choose hercules rmx asio as audio device, the sample rate and audio latency stay blank, and do not reflect the configuration made in the control panel...maybe a new track to explore?  

its just crazy: it worked perfectly on my old computer but not with a more powerfull one!

please help me! 

Topic starter

whatever default soundcard you select for windows does not really affect audio applications such as traktor .

to be sure you are on the same page here:

- at the moment, all components of the rmx (and others) seem to be installed and enumerated normally in device manager (no yellow ! on any of them) ?

- you can access the dj control panel and changes settings normally ?

btw, can you list the info displayed in the about tab ?

- on this new computer, have you tried different usb ports to see if you get the same result ?

can you try the following test:

1) download the following software:

http://www.tropicalcoder.com/asiotestsiggen.htm

2) before launching the application,be sure that

- the dj console is set to asio in the control panel

- other applications susceptible of using the asio driver are closed.

3) upon launching asiosingen, configure as follow:

- select asio driver:

obviously choose the console driver

- select device output:

i would choose the headphone output (output 3/4) since you can easily control the volume (be sure to  to lower the volume before proceeding with the test).

once this is done, click any of the wave or noise button which will send a short signal in the headphone. if you can hear the signal, then the asio driver is working correctly.

if however you get an error message, then there may be a problem with the asio driver.

4) switch to wdm in the control panel. launch asiosingen again.

you should normally get the following window message:

cant interface with an asio driver - exiting!

change the audio mode to asio and launch asiosingen again. if you are able to launch the applications normally, then the control panel and the asio driver are working correctly and that the problem is most probably related to the traktor.

Topic starter

"on this new computer, have you tried different usb ports to see if you get the same result ?"

i dindnt try it because it was working before, but i just did it and miracle: everything is working again...

thanks for your help!