hercules rmx usb au...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx usb audio device (code 10)

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

having the same problems with installing the drivers like so many people.
working about 2 years with the rmx console but still havent find the answer for fixing the problem.
in the device manager (windows 7) everything is installed okay except the usb audio device which should be called according hercules support the "hercules dj console rmx bulk".
windows keeps using its own damn usb audio drivers which wont startup (code 10).
tried it all, uninstall drivers, re-install drivers, yes even the  2012_hdjs_5, putting windows in testmode and re-installed it, disabled even checking digital signature and anything you can think off.
tried even fix it manualy the way dj phatso was telling.... no succes.
windows just tells me, theres no better or newer driver found and keeps using its own screwed-up default driver.

dont worry, the console works fine, i can dj with it, use as midiconsole, can use asio sound driver etc. except....
i cant controle the sliders in the asio software panel since windows cant start its own damn usb audio driver.

i realy need a way to get this fixed.
i realy need the proper usb audio drivers for the rmx build in soundcard so that windows stop bugging me with not starting up the usb audiodevice.
is there another way besides uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, cause done that about 200 times i think, even if it means editing the register to tell windows it needs to use other .sys files then its own crappy software?
richt now it uses usbaudio.sys and i think if im correct it needs to use hdjbulk.sys or hdjasiok.sys

as said, been using it for over 2 years now, neighter on my own computer (vista home premium 32/64 bit, service pack 2), on my wifes computer (windows 7 home premium 32 bit) nor on my laptop (windows 7 home premium 64 bit, service pack 1) wont the usb audio device install correct.
it happens on all 3 computers, regarding what driverspack or usb port im using.
no other usb audio devices attached, just resently the korg kp3, but the problem accured already from day 1.
and yes i always use the latest driverspack from hercules if there is a new one available.
problem is nomatter what i do, windows keep using its own damn screwed-up drivers.
laptop is up to date with all its required updates and servicepacks.

this is how it should be:

but instead of getting the hercules dj console rmx as device in the tab sound, video and game controllers i keep getting windows own damn standard usb audio device.

details of the usb audio device:
- c:windowssystem32driversdrmk.sys
- c:windowssystem32driversportcls.sys
- c:windowssystem32driversusbaudio.sys
- c:windowssystem32driverssysfxul.sys
- c:windowssystem32driverswmalfxgxfxdsp.dll 

Topic starter

Hi there.

Try using the following steps on one of the computers you have:
1. Go to Device Manager
2. Right click on Hercules DJ Console Rmx Bulk – Update Software
3. Browse my computer… – Let me pick from a list…
4. Choose “USB Composite Device” instead of “Hercules DJ Console Rmx bulk” and click Next
5. Click Finish when the installation ends and reboot the computer.
See if that thing works. 

Topic starter

Guess you didn't understand the whole story.
I need the Hercules RMX USB audio Driver not windows USB audio device.
Don't know where you get that “USB Composite Device” from, but not on my list.

The way DJ Phatso discribed to install the driver manualy is not working for me.
All I can pick is windows damn usb audio device, nothing else. 

http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-gb/forum/en-software/001341/

Topic starter

Done exactly what DJ Phatso discribed in his subject
  http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-gb/forum/en-software/013820/

My results:

Somebody shoot me for not getting it fixed 

Topic starter

I've just bought an RMX2 and am astonished to find on two machines I get exaclty the same error and the deck does not work. I thn do a quick search on google and see that the issue has been going on for two years.  what must be going wrong with a company that continues to sell product that doesn't work.  I have no wish to spend hours tweaking windows settings - they should have written an utility to do that or diagnose.  The arrogance of the people.  The console is going straight back to Amazon. What a waste of time.

A few things to keep in mind:

- If you've done your reseach properly, you will have seen that the Code 10 error can occur with any new hardware, and that this can sometime be a fairly generic message:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-10-error.htm

- In ideal world, everything would work right away when you install it, but with the amount of different computer configurations, it is impossible to insure that this will be the case for everyone everywhere. Sometimes, unfortunately, a bit of work is required from the user

- Defective products happen is mass produced hardware. It is unfortunate when it happens to you, but this is why we provide a 2 year warranty. Why did DJ Jeff wait 2 years to come forward and ask for help when he could have ask for a replacement right from the beginning  if this proved to be the case?

- The DJ Console Rmx (which DJ Jeff is refering to ) and the Rmx2 are two completely different products.

Now as for your case:

- Did you try contacting technical support about this?

Colic,

1) Posting a message in which you say you have a problem without
- describing the problem, how and when it happens,
- describing your computer environment,
- describing your error message,
- saying which driver you have installed, and how you installed it,
reduces the potential help you can meet to solve your problem.

2) Microsoft has posted here a description of this Code 10 generic error message, with a utility to try to solve it
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/en-us

3) Rmx2 drivers are completely different from Rmx1, so if the problem you meet is a Code 10 issue, it shows the issue is not due only to the driver.