hercules rmx2 unres...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx2 unresponsive!

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have just purchased the dj console rmx2 and have followed all the steps to set up my console, i.e. installed the drivers, updates and dejuced and virtual dj le. i was able to play it for about 2 hrs when out of the blue the console became unresponsive. i was using virtual dj at the time so when i loaded a track into deck a or even b, the track would play for about 20 seconds and then the console would stop working. all the lights on the console stay on (including the volume meter level) and virtual dj keeps running but i can not adjust anything on the console itself. i am using it on a macbook pro (late 2012) and have tried reinstalling all the software and the same issue is there. i then decided to install it on my imac (late 2012) and the same issue is there.
i have contacted the technical supprt department at hercules and have been given some instructions to follow but the same issue still exists. can anyone offer some advise?

many thanks

I'm expecting that Technical Support, among other thing,  asked you to verify:

- the various connectors (power supply, USB, cable) to make sure that none of them looked damaged or loose ?

-  if the Rmx2 was still detected properly by the computer?

Topic starter

Thanks for your reply.
At the time of the malfunction I changed the usb cables to new ones, I reinstalled the drivers and even tried it my other computer and it still didn't work. However, it suddenly occured to me that on both of my computers I am (was) runnin Mac osx 10.9 or also known as Mavericks. I noticed that the drivers were only for 10.8, 10.7 and others, so I decided to try one last time and I reverted back to my 10.8.5 Mountain Lion osx, and guess what, it is working. Before when I had it installed, when I open up the console icon that has the info about the rmx2, the channel levels etc, the levels would stay on the bottom. Now, when I plug it in they automatically go to the top, as they should I presume to customise my sound. Anyway, I will check again later today, but if this was the problem, it would be in the best interest of Hercules, and future rmx users to either (a) Be told that this devise will not work on mavericks or (b) have new drivers ready that are compatible with 10.9. In any case, thanks for your input and hopefully this will be my last post.

Cheers! 

Hello Se8sta13,

I have Mac OS 10.9 and the Rmx2 and I didn't meet such a bug.

Topic starter

Well if that is the case, why is it now working when before it had not. I did not do anything different during the install process!

Was it an update to 10.9 from 10.8.5 or did you perform a full erase and install?

Topic starter

It was an update from 10.8.5 to 10.9. I did this update in October well before I ha purchased my console. In response to Maxdjacks post, I wonder whether he had his rmx installed before he updated to 10.9, in other words, he had it installed on a previous osx. I believe he probably did, whereas in my case, I only had 10.9 osx at the time if my console install. I tried to install the console on my iMac which also has 10.9 and it did not work on that either. Now when I has revered back (on my MacBook Pro) to 10.8.5 it works. Has to do with osx 10.9, I mean if you already have it installed when trying to install the rmx2. What else could it be?

It's like you read my mind. 🙂

I have a Macbook from about the same period as yours with a fresh installation of Maverick, and (so far) it seems to workl properly, so maybe your hypothesis is somethhing to be considered and looked into.

BTW, you are using the updated version of VDJ LE (v7.4.1 b482) or the original from the installation CD?