Notifications
Clear all

hot cue from mixed in key

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

respected dj 

i wish to use hot cues set by mixed in key software in djuced ........  how can i import them 

also please tell me how to hot cue automatically in djuced

thnx 

regardzzz

cool

Hello dj ksr71,

You cannot directly import the hot cues from Mixed In Key to Djuced.
I suppose Mixed In Key did the export job to transfer its hot cue into Serato (but one should tag the track in Serato first, to get Serato beatgrid), but Mixed in key did not do the same job for Djuced.

I do not fully understand the benefits of setting hot cue in Mixed In Key, as setting hot cues with a DJ software and a DJ controller is much faster than setting hot cue with a mouse in Mixed in Key: please explain me why you set hot cues in Mixed in key.
Please do not believe I do not want to ask for a feature to Djuced Team, but I need to understand your use of this feature (Why you ask for it), since no feature can be developped without any idea of what it is used for. 

About setting Hot cues automatically: as I told you in another discussion, in the test done in Djuced, automatic Hot Cue position was not better in Djuced than in Mixed in Key, it detected well the intro and outro, but it was not as efficient to detect breaks inside the track, and in my use, I set cue points on breaks. In your use of automatic hot cues, do you look for the automatic hot cue Mixed in Key calls "Power Block Mixing", which is not setting hot cues on breaks, but on beatjump.
Please do not jump from one discussion to another, but explain what you want: if you do not explain what you want (what you mean as automatic hot cue) and for which use (for which type of mixing), I cannot transfer this feature request to the Djuced team, since I do not understand what type of automatic hot cue you want and for which use.

Topic starter

Respected dj 

love n warm wishes from India

as Hercules Said in tag line It's Your TURN so my wish is to make Hercules No. 1  bcoz it is really a TRUE Dedicated TEAM 

i wish few features so that any dj can be a bettar dj by using OUR software as well as OUR HARDWARES too

so Startgey is we take small small steps 

I will leave no stone unturn to work for that in INDIA 

1.  i need HOT Cue features which will help by converting hot cue points into Hot cue Loop rolls for power mixing 

2. 2nd feature isBroadcasting ......  if we can add a button by which any dj can connect to broadcasting server which they are using  ..........  the benefit is many RADIO dj can be turn up to our gear by using this feature

3. as there is Open Key and Standard Key box please give another box with the name Harmonic Or Key sequance so the Untrainned dj can also use with ease bcoz not every dj is good at music theory 

4. if this Harmonic Mixing word is somehow problem than give KEY Differance Column as ENERGY KEY BPM are there so any body use them   ............  I made separate folders with ENERGY tag ........  when i start djing i look for energy first then i go with same key or with the help of KEY differance upto 2 keys and in the last i check  for BPM so the set become very very smooth 

5. please also change the colour of slider so that it will become more visible 

Thnx n regardzzz

togather we can 

Topic starter

Respected dj 

as you said  :  in the test done in Djuced, automatic Hot Cue position was not better in Djuced than in Mixed in Key, it detected well the intro and outro, but it was not as efficient to detect breaks inside the track

i wish to know how can i also try like that 

please tell me 

thnx

regardzzzz alws 

love and warm wishes 

have a beautiful day 

Topic starter

Respected dj 

one more suggetion as we get 50 free songs on 1st friday of every month 

what if we get the older songs uploaded by hercules at one place  

any  dj have a good collection by hercules then 

thnx 

regardzzz

Hello DJ ksr71
"In the test done in Djuced, automatic Hot Cue position was not better in Djuced than in Mixed in Key, it detected well the intro and outro, but it was not as efficient to detect breaks inside the track"
Djuced team did not implement this feature in a public build, they did it in a beta version, the test of this beta version found:
- the Intro and Outro detection was OK, so this has been kept,
- the other Cue points were sometimes out the beatgrid,
- and there were more than 8 cue points, while most DJ software can handle only up to 8 hot cue points. 

So I have reported your request to Djuced Team, they look at automatic hot cue, but they are not convinced by Mixed in Key automatic hot cue function. 

Topic starter

respected dj 

thnxxxx

regardzzz

Hello DJ ksr71,

Thanks for your message on Cue Points, the discussion with Djuced Team has shown a direction they had not planned to do hot cues, so we probably have to wait another 3 or 6 months to see the results of this discussion in a public build.

Topic starter

Hello everyone,

With all respect, let me add my 2 cents on this topic.
I like Mixed in Key's automatic hotcue creation - it's useful if you are still learning the track where the potential transition points are. It's not always accurate, but in most cases, yes. However I just realised that if I just look at the waveform, it's clear where these would be anyway - at least with house / EDM and similar genre tracks. However what they also try to achieve is to check the energy level at those cuepoints allowing smoother change in energy level as well. I guess they hendle a track like a racetrack: divide it to sectors and check the individual energy level of that particular sector - just a clear cut / border is needed (hence it works well with house / EDM and not that well with for example rock).
I think these automatically created cue points should be treated as starting points when one starts properly setting the cuepoints of the track. Some are at the right place, some will be deleted anyways to make room for better (and manually) placed ones. Having already something there is better than having none? For beginners I think yes. And when a beginner gets to the point where he learns the importance of creating the necessary hotcues, (s)he would have already a couple hunderd tracks already and probably not really looking forward to do all - an automatic hotcue creating tool could be a lifesaver for them (and later they could correct / adjust the cuepoints where they would see fit).

Topic starter

Respected djs

ge from india

point to be noted milord that they made a software named flow 8 deck if u check that u will find what  Dj Sityi said is 100% correct 

if u closely study that software u will be amaze  that in that software there is no use of BPM (Mainly) smmoth mixing is via KEY only 

as i said earlier 1st thing is energy and then KEY and last but not least comes BPM 

so if we FOCUS on HOTCUES as they do Track in small segments and energy level of every segment is counted thats why there software works well on HOT CUE 

if we some how can make HOTCUE LOOP ROLLS (may be upto 8 Beat u can say for example  ......... the mix will be very smooth ) 

We can create HISTORY 

also i wish to pay attention on radio Broadcasting  ..........  for example people spend $299 for SAM BROADCASTER if we  give our service for broadcasting free i mean as VIRTUAL Dj do we can promote our Controllers by saying any radio Dj can use our Controller for Mixing as RADIO Dj 

please dont forget about HARMONIC Mixing BOX point also when u discuss

TOGATHER WE CAN AND WE WILL BECOME NO.1

Regardzzz

dj KSR

Hello DJ ksr71,

Thanks for your feedback.

For what I know of the runtime used in Mixed In Key, it is made to detect the chorus and the verses in the song, so it should set the hot cue on the key and the break. In our test, we find the detection of the break is not perfect, but it is also because Mixed in key may have a different beatgrid than Djuced (that is why, with Serato, the process should be: anaylze the track in Serato (to get Serato BPM and beatgrid), then import the track in Mixed In Key and analyse it (to get the key and the hot cue points), then reimport the track in Serato.

This processs is a bit long, so we look at what we can do inside Djuced, without exporting and reimporting the track.

Topic starter

Hello Team,

Actually how I do is:
1. Add the track to MIK and analyse it
2. Import the track to Serato, and analyse it there with the Set Key option turned off
I guess that could be a route as well, couldn't it?

Topic starter

Respected Dj 

ge 

great going on 

happy to wait n watch 

thnx 4 reply 

regardzzz