how to fine tune wi...

Notifications
Clear all

how to fine tune with mk4?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi! i recently bought the mk4 console and im trying to learn how to beatmatch without using the sync button. 

however, when i adjust with the pitchcontrol i cant get the two bpms to the exact same - there is almost always a small difference between the two songs, no matter how much i turn the pitcher up and down. for example 127,89 and 127,69 or something like that. but if i press the sync button then they change to the same so i know there must be a way for me to do this manually.

how can adjust the pitch control to fine tune very small differences?

help very appreciated πŸ™‚ 

Hello,

1) To improve the accuracy of the pitch slider/encoder in VirtualDJ 6 LE Mk4, you must change the pitch scale: the lower the pitch scale, the more precise the encoder, so you can change the pitch scale up to 6%  (see in VDJ 6 LE Mk4 manual), it is the figure displayed between the keylock label and the pitch fader on the screen.
But with a 6% pitch scale, you cannot sync 2 music whose BPM are far one from the other,  you can only synchronize music whose BPM difference doesn't exceed 6%.

2) But anyway you will NEVER manually adjust a BPM with a 0.01 BPM accuracy, it is not possible with DJ Console Mk4 + VirtualDJ 6 LE Mk4, and you cannot do it on pro DJ gears.
For reference :
- CD players don't display BPM with a 0.01 accuracy (sometimes BPM display is only by full unit, as 128 BPM, sometimes with 1 decimal, but not 2, as you can see here),
- neither do mixers with BPM counters,
since, even with a long slider, changing the BPM with 0.01 BPM per step is not possible.

When synchronizing 2 tracks on CD players, you normally adjust the speed and align the beats on the same BPM (128 BPM information is accurate enough) and,
- if it is just for a transition of 30 seconds or less, it is precise enough
- if both tracks play together for more than 30 seconds, you re-align the beats from time to time with the pitch bend (either in turning the jog wheel/plate or in pushing the pitch bend buttons, if any).
You can do the same on your Mk4. 

There is a discussion on the number of decimals on BPM display on Pioneer forum here.