4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,
ive bought the hercules dj 4set, the console is kinda quiet
ve recorded with virtualdj a mix, but it was only half as loud
as the mp3s on my pc.

may be due to the settings, or is that on the console?

virtualdj settings:

inputs: none
outputs: headphones
sound card: hercules dj 4 set

am grateful for any help

The level of the recording made by Virtual DJ will be dependant on the deck's Gain, Levels and Master volume set in the software at the time of the recording . The same goes for playback of the recorded files or the Mp3 you already have.  

Whether or not you are using the console won't make a difference in this case.

Topic starter

Yes, but my problem is probably due to the console or on the audio settings.
if I make a mix without receiving the console only with the mouse, the mix has a very good quality sound with the dj 4set bad? but on gain and master volume, it is not the fault
do you have a good sound on your console dj 4SET when you're recording?

Again, recording is done digitally inside the software itself: you are taking digital files and mixing them to create a new digital file, so so quality is lost. Whichever audio interface you might be using won't affect the quality of the recording.

As for playback:

Let's say, using the 4Set as soundcard,  you play the same audio file with VDJ, then with another software (iTunes, Windows media player, Winamp, etc), how exactly are you noticing the difference ?

You may also want to apply the recommandations of the following guide to improve the performance of your computer when using DJ softwares:

Topic starter

PC laptop configurations & Windows optimizations I've done today but tried not dj 4SET today if it works,
I do tomorrow if something changes. High quality loss when I file in media player to mp3 with the same volume comparisons. I can upload tomorrow once then you know what I mean.