i need help, fault ...

Notifications
Clear all

i need help, fault in 4mx + mac 10.8 + vdj 7 pro

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello everyone, the other day i was presented with a failure in the console (i think) 4mx hercules, was playing a cancióny pressing a button (on the console) with which you move in the virtual lists, the list started move (as if i had pressed the button down continuously) and could not stop. i had to close the virtual dj and reopen. luckily i happened to log on, but im afraid that happens again, i talked to a friend who has the same console hercules 4mx connected to a windows laptop and virtual dj 7 pro and also happened, thus virtual dj to be two different laptops and two different, i think the problem is in the hercules 4mx.
has this happened to anyone else? do you know how to fix it?
thanks, greetings.

Simply try out your console as a MIDI controller outside of VDJ to verify if indeed the button is at fault or not:

Topic starter

I have checked the midi controller and all the buttons are OK.

Was this with the latest Virtual DJ v7.3 ?

Are you using any skins or mapper plugins that could potentially add or modify the behavior of the browse buttons ?

Also keep in mind that in the default MIDI mapping for the 4-Mx, when you hold the FOLDER or FILES buttons, the jogwheels can be used to fast-scroll through files, folders or playlist, so this could lead to confusion if you were not aware of it.

Topic starter
i´m using the virtual dj 7.0.4 pro, for mac with the hercules 4mx skin.
I´m sure that when that was happening, no button was being pressed.
I have a friend who has been different, with console hercules 4MX and the version of virtual dj for windows.

You may want to ask Virtual DJ support then. They might be able to look into it with you.

http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Topic starter

Thanks Dj Phatso.