instinct led mappin...

Notifications
Clear all

instinct led mapping

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all, im currently using a hercules instinct on pcdj dex3, even thought im happy with the software and use, i have a question about mapping the leds,
would it be possible to light up the buttons in reverse? so that instead of being off they would be on until pressed?
would be great if the play button flashes same as the sync button, helps when mixing in the dark.

This really depends on the MIDI programming capability of the software.

I haven't tried PCDJ in a while, so I don't know how they are capable on that side, but for most software, it should be doable.

Topic starter

Dex 3 comes with the Hercules midi script as a .js file, I've installed the latest Hercules drivers too, even ran a firmware update. But the file isn't easy to read, I can see some parts where the led lights are mentioned but from the changes I made, I had no result, also most the buttons aren't mapped in the file. But work out of the box.

This thread from the FutureDeck forum might give you some information and clues about how the MIDI scripting work for PCDJ (which is essentially a repackage of the same software):

http://www.myxoft.com/site/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9899&sid=740c13d4d41e61b68deec74291e3180b

Topic starter

Thank you for the link, but no joy, I've found where to reverse the lights for cue play and monitor, it's at the bottom of the script 0x00 0x7F 
7F seems to be the clear instruction for lights on. Only problem is using the sendmidi function in the folder/files buttons and the deck load buttons doesn't seem to work, think it's due to upgrades on dex 3.2 everything I have tried either works or stops all midi communication.

The Load buttons do not have LED in them , so it is perfectly normal that you can't turn them On. 

Keep in mind that the software may not have a light function attached to every specific actions.

Topic starter

Then this makes no sense. Using FutureDecks all the controller lights up, same js file in pcdj and the only lights that work are play and monitor, in virtual dj, the entire thing lights up, but virtual dj has it's own midi mapping. Now I have the issue of using software that I like the look of, or something that just looks messy, I've given up on editing the mapping script, just wish I had some form of template to write my own.