instinct leds not l...

Notifications
Clear all

instinct leds not lighting up in traktor (mac)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey there guys,

recently purchased the control instinct to get used to mixing, but seem to be having a minor issue with the leds on the controller not lighting up whilst im using traktor on my macbook.

buttons like play and cue light up, but thing such as viynl, mode, both - and + headphone volumes and pretty much the rest dont. this isnt a broken product either, its fully working, so if anyone could give me some tips on how to have the whole thing light up (if thats how its designed to be), thatd be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
matt 

First off, when connecting the console to the USB ports and going through the initialization phase, you will notice that not all buttons included LED.

This is perfectly normal, as some buttons are assigned to momentary functions for which the status is irrelevant. Increasing the headphone volume for example, you wouldn't notice the LED being On (since your finger would be on the + button). 

Topic starter

Hey Phatso, cheers for the reply, unfortuantly these buttons don't light up even momentaily when pressed. Not sure if it's down to the software, as I haven't used DJuiced.

But, first and foremost, do most of them lit up when you connect the console to the USB port ?

Topic starter

But, first and foremost, do most of them lit up when you connect the console to the USB port ?

Yup, all of them go through about 3 round of flashing before just the mode and jog wheel lights stay on.

So technically, they should have the same behavior in any softwares, if indeed mapped to lit up when pressed.

Did you create the Traktor mapping yourself or are you using one already made up (like the one available from the support site)?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=306&cid=10

In the later case, be sure that your version of Traktor is adequate. In this example, if you are using a version lower than 2.50, some functionnalities may not work as expected.