Notifications
Clear all

issue with asio on deejay trim

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys,

i got my hercules deejay trim card shipped from germany a couple of days ago and i love it. however, i have a problem with the asio output. let me list my pc specs first:

cpu: phenom x3 (2x2600mhz)
ram: 4gb corsair dominator 1600mhz
hdd: 1x320gb, 1x1tb hitachi
audio apps: virtualdj 7 pro, fruity loops 9 xxl, winamp 5 lite
sound card: hercules deejay trim

now, about that problem of mine... when i set the card to asio from its control panel, fruity loops detects it perfectly and plays as it should. so i wanted to use the asio in winamp and foobar2000 as well and i downloaded their respective asio plugins for output. and guess what - they cant play trough the deejay trim! there cant be a problem with the card itself, as it runs perfectly in asio mode in fruity loops, but i want to make it run with foobar2000 and winamp 5 as well. there is also a asio plugin for windows media player 11 and i couldnt manage to get it to work either.

i have updated the card drivers to the latest per internet, here are the versions:
package: 2.hdjs.2010
firmware: 1.0.1.12
driver: 4.8.9.0
dj api: 2.0.20.13

cpl: 2.0.6.10

so, does anyone of you guys use the card with media players like foobar2000, winamp, media player under asio output? i tried with kernel streaming output plugins as well and none of them worked either. they worked only with my onboard via sound (i have it disabled, using the deejay trim as my primary device) so it cant be the plugins at fault... how can i set up my card to work with those media players?smile

thanks in advance,
dj 3igo

3 Answers

Works here with Foobar (v1.1.1), although you have to do a few things before it actually gets to work properly:

- From the Configure menu, add the Trim as an ASIO Virtual Devices (under Playback > Output )

- Close Foobar

- In the Trim DJ control panel, switch to WDM mode

- Start Foobar

- In the Trim DJ control panel, switch to ASIO mode

You should now be able to Select the Trim ASIO as Ouput Device.

AS for Winamp, the pluin was writen years ago (for an old version of Winamp), so some incompatibilities are to be expected with recent OS and softwares.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Oh dude, it worked!

I followed your instructions and I also had to set the sample rate to 44khz (foobar said 48khz was unsupported) and its playing perfectly!!!!! A MILLION THANKS!! If you were somewhere in my country, I would buy you a beer. Surprised Cheers!

As for Winamp and Media Player - I will get them to run too, eventuallyTongue out Man, the sound quality is UNREAL now...

Thanks agian, you're the coolest guy ever, helping people so quickly everywhere in the forum!

3 Answers

I wish I was in your part of the world...Good beer over there 🙂

3 Answers
Topic starter

works here with foobar (v1.1.1), although you have to do a few things before it actually gets to work properly:

- from the configure menu, add the trim as an asio virtual devices (under playback > output )

- close foobar

- in the trim dj control panel, switch to wdm mode

- start foobar

- in the trim dj control panel, switch to asio mode

you should now be able to select the trim asio as ouput device.

as for winamp, the pluin was writen years ago (for an old version of winamp), so some incompatibilities are to be expected with recent os and softwares.

Topic starter

oh dude, it worked!

i followed your instructions and i also had to set the sample rate to 44khz (foobar said 48khz was unsupported) and its playing perfectly!!!!! a million thanks!! if you were somewhere in my country, i would buy you a beer. surprised cheers!

as for winamp and media player - i will get them to run too, eventuallytongue out man, the sound quality is unreal now...

thanks agian, youre the coolest guy ever, helping people so quickly everywhere in the forum!

Topic starter

i wish i was in your part of the world...good beer over there 🙂