it stopped working

Notifications
Clear all

it stopped working

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i got my instinct few months ago and i didnt really used it alot, i have a small gig coming next week and today i was going to do some preps but i noticed that my left deck play key ist not working anymore, the light is on but it dosnt respond. please help me 

windows 8
virtual dj pro

Hello,

As answered here, it is necessary you complete your technical profile, you precise exactly your version of VirtualDJ Pro (for example VirtualDJ Pro 8.2 built 3420), and you describe exactly your symptom, including answers to question as:
- can you play on deck B the audio track you cannot play on deck A,
- are you in 2-deck mode,
- what do you see on screen when you press on deck A play button,
- does the playback start on deck A if you click with your mouse on the Play button,
- which audio mode of DJControl Instinct do you use: WASAPI or ASIO mode?

Topic starter

Hi there,

Im using Virtual DJ 7.4 pro b453

- Yes i can Play the same Track i can also play it on dack a but i have to use my mouse or "P" from my keyboard 
- Yes I am
- Nothing
- Yes
- both ways its not working 

Hello,

1) Test if your deck A Play button works:
Close VirtualDJ
Install MIDITrace http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe
Select [ffff/ffff]:Hercules DJControl Instinct the second field
Press the Play button :
- When you press, do you get the following MIDI message? 90 16 7F 00
- When you release, do you get the following MIDI message? 90 16 00 00
If yes, then DJControl Instinct operates properly, and you have an issue in VirtualDJ.
Close MIDITrace

2) If the issue is in VirtualDJ

a) check in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers there is no file
Hercules DJControl Instinct mapping.xml
If you see a file Hercules DJControl Instinct mapping.xml, delete it, and run VirtualDJ.

b) if there is no contents in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers, I suggest you
- uninstall VirtualDJ,
- leave Windows,
- make sure you start Windows with an administrator account,
- and reinstall VirtualDJ.

Topic starter

Hey

I used it and the key dosn't send any signals to the MIDItrace program :/

Hello,

1) If you do not see any MIDI signal from any key, then you have not properly set MIDITrace or the Instinct.

2) If you see MIDI signals from other keys but not from deck A Play key, then the DJControl Instinct unit is defective and, if your controller is below 2-year old, so still under guarantee, you can contact Hercules technical support here to check the process to exchange the controller.