jog wheel problem

Notifications
Clear all

jog wheel problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all, right heres my problem, iv got a hercules rmx and using vdj 7 pro, it was all working fine but all of a sudden the right hand jog wheel acts like its in scratch mode but the left hand side is fine intill i activte the scratch then it all goes vice versa, i thought it might be something to do with the mapping but as im a beginner i dont really know how to sort out the mapping so has anyone had the same problem or evan know how to fix plz.

thx in advance 

Can you test the jogwheel outside of VDJ , usig the following procedure ?

See if you notice any irregularities.

Also, did you ever play with the jogwheel tension screws underneath the console ?

Topic starter

thanx, i'll give that a try...and no, i have not touched any screws. like i said, it's only happened like twice in the 3 months i've had it. once I disconnect the controler and restart VDJ everything works fine. I keep it covered when not in use so i don't think anything got caught in there either.

Topic starter

I have this exact same problem. I've never messed with the jogwheel screws or modified the RMX in any way. Midi monitor doesn't say anything unusual is going on. The controller works most of the time, but sometimes in the middle of the mix, one jogwheel will reverse, or even more frustrating, moving the wheel in either direction slows the record down. Basically I'm stuck using the fader to mix until the problem subsides.

Another frustrating problem is sometimes my gain knobs will wander -  I'll never touch my Gain knobs, but after 20 minutes of mixing, the gain knob in Virtual DJ will show that the gain has been turned down: when I wiggle the knob, it'll go back- but these are two things that have caused me many headaches when trying to record anything.

Firmware is 1.1.4.31, driver 5.6.8.0, default midi map

Aside from the lack of send-receive for effects and these two annoying bugs, the controller is amazing.