Notifications
Clear all

lost software cd to rmx 🙁

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everyone,
long story short, my mom threw out my box with all my hercules rmx documents including the software cd and the serial number. all the documents, all i now have is my hercules rmx with the usb cable.

now i dont know what was on that cd. if it were the drivers, that shouldnt be a proble, right, as they are all here -   http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php...&pid=179&cid=1  .

i tried installing the drivers from the web my notebook today and wheneever im installing rmx its a pain - i have to do lots of crazy things and it starts randomly. i follow the guide and everything, and traktor picks up the rmx, i also get the midi signals when pushing something, but it just doesnt light up when i start traktor and nothing happens.

any solutions ? am i screwed or what ? 

Could you define "I have to do lots of crazy things and it starts randomly" ?

If the Rmx seesm to be installed correctly (as explained in the document

), then you will need to use the appropriate MIDI configuration file for your version of Traktor, available on the support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=5

The LEDs on the Rmx will only be used by the functions assigned in the MIDI configuration file.

Topic starter

Ok I swear I did everything in my power. The RMX runs in Virtual DJ no problems, but it simply doesnt run in Traktor. I got the sound card se up properly, the traktor is picking up midi signals, i got the latest drivers. However I import the tsi file and it simply doesnt work. Im desperate now.

What version of Traktor are you using exactly (click on the Traktor logo at the top of the window)?

Be sure to use the TSI profile that correspond to your version. If you are below the idicated version, it may not work properly and you would need to  update Traktor.

Is the Rmx selected for both In-Port and Out-Port in Controller manager ?

Have you also verified in the Rmx control panel that MID chanel is set to Channel 1 ?

Topic starter

Dear Phatso, u got it bro !
That was it, had to select the in/out ports, now owrking as intended 🙂

Thanku very much