maintenance of herc...

Notifications
Clear all

maintenance of hercules controllers

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys, im interested if there is a routine you follow to clean and maintain your mixer (rmx in my case). i have heard that cleaning the faders is a good thing to do after some period of using the device. also, you can share some usefull tips and tricks for opening the controler (is it a good thing to do or not!?) for maintaining purposes and so on...

1 Answer

Hello,

If you want to clean the caps on the faders and potientiometers, you can remove these caps without opening the controller.
You can clean the brushed aluminium metal surface with a cloth on which you put 90% alcohol, and you use the cloth soaked with 90% alcohol to wipe the surface with a light pressure to remove dirt and dust.

I would not recommend opening the Rmx as
1) it is not necessary,
2) you may lose a free nut rolling in the printed circuits (as there is 1 screw with no attach, so when you remove this screw, you let a free nut):
- it will make a constant noise when you carry the controller,
- you would need to re-open the Rmx and find it to avoid 2 possible accidents : the screw may stop on a soldering and cause a shortcut, or go below a transport button, and prevent its pushing down.

I would open the Rmx only if it didn't work any more (for example, after pooring bier or coke on the controller) and if it were the last attempt to repair it.

1 Answer
Topic starter

hello,

if you want to clean the caps on the faders and potientiometers, you can remove these caps without opening the controller.
you can clean the brushed aluminium metal surface with a cloth on which you put 90% alcohol, and you use the cloth soaked with 90% alcohol to wipe the surface with a light pressure to remove dirt and dust.

i would not recommend opening the rmx as
1) it is not necessary,
2) you may lose a free nut rolling in the printed circuits (as there is 1 screw with no attach, so when you remove this screw, you let a free nut):
- it will make a constant noise when you carry the controller,
- you would need to re-open the rmx and find it to avoid 2 possible accidents : the screw may stop on a soldering and cause a shortcut, or go below a transport button, and prevent its pushing down.

i would open the rmx only if it didnt work any more (for example, after pooring bier or coke on the controller) and if it were the last attempt to repair it.