mic hercules dj con...

Notifications
Clear all

mic hercules dj control instinct

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

is it possible to connect a mic to my dj control instinct?

thank you 

Since the DJControl Instinct does not include a microphone input, so the obvious answer is no.

Dr Tunes,

If you want to connect a microphone to a DJControl Instinct:
- you cannot do it directly, as DJControl Instinct has no microphone input,
- but you can connect DJControl Instinct mix output to an input mixer, your microphone to an input on the same mixer, and connect your amplified speakers to the output of this mixer.

If you are a fan of audio and use a microphone of high quality, I suggest you use an analogue console, like these models:
- Behringer Bhr-320 USB
- Behringer Bhr-502
- Samson S-Mix

If you use a low quality microphone, I suggest you use a cheap karaoke mixer like this one
- No name on CDiscount
- same model, called Velleman on Pixmania.

Topic starter

is there no other way i have a speedlink mic and it has an usb port but if i plug it in nothing happens 🙁

Hello,

1) To talk over the music in a microphone without adding a hardware mixer for your microphone input on the mix output, you need a software able to mix the audio streaming of the USB microphone input on the audio output.
This feature is not in Djuced 18 as Djuced 18 does not handle the microphone input.
Have you another DJ software?

2) To use 2 different USB audio devices (the USB microphone and the DJControl Instinct audio interface) in the same software at the same time, you may need to aggregate both with ASIO4All.

3) Please precise whether the sampling rate of your microphone: it is 44.1 or is it 48kHz?

4) Whatever the DJ software, you will notice much more latency on the microphone input than the demos you may hear with microphone inputs integrated in the DJ controller, as in DJing we tend to do a hardware mixing of the microphone input (hardware = no latency) while, if you use a USB microphone, it will be a software mixing (software = latency).