midi note transfer ...

Notifications
Clear all

midi note transfer problem ( hercules rmx )

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello friends,

im having some strange problem with my hercules rmx midi note transfer. seem that i found out which of the notes are missing. if you take a look at the picture, the missing notes (marked) are:
cc 32
cc 33
cc 38

i check midi signal transfter with midi-ox, so my missing notes are between b0 20 (part hex code of cc 32) and b0 27 (part hex code of cc 39). as i understand, it is a part of sequence which are used to transter midi note. every other notes (buttons), inputs, outputs, headphones, soundcard and ect. works just fine.

i have tried diffrent usb slot on pc, reinstalling hercules drivers, changing cable of controler (stupid but...) and nothing helped. im starting to think that the problem is in hardware, but when i plug in controller light of cue and play button blinks with all those rest (when you plug in controller). so it is giving me a hope that it is just a software problem.

this controller was not in use for about ~4months, before that everything was working perfectly (in that period windows was reinstalled). maybe anyone of you friends had similar problem and have any advices? controler was bought new in 2011 september (~2years ago) in usa and were flown to lithuania by myself. i think it could still have warranty (need to check), but sending it back to usa would cost half price of the new one. anyways, now you know my story and any advices will be readed and tried.

thanks

When you say "the notes are missing", do you mean to say that the buttons are not working, and that when you press them, you don't get any reaction in MIDI OX ?

Topic starter

Sorry for my english, I thought  I was clear. Yes, I meant when you press button, there is no reaction.

Do the buttons feel different from the other ones when pressing them?

Was the console stored in such a way that something mighht have been pressing on those specific buttons which could have damaged the switch ?

If you still have warranty and this is a hardware defect, maybe the European technical Support could arrange something so you don't have to send it to the States.