mk4 and headphones

Notifications
Clear all

mk4 and headphones

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i browsed through the forum for an answer, but no luck.
** i am a beginner with hercules. my setup is purely amateur and set up to record cds for friends and self.

i am unable to hear a preview from "listen a" or "listen b" with headphones connected to the mk4 controller.

set up:  imac 10.6.8 // virtual dj pro // hercules dj console mk4 // sennheiser headphones

controller is connected to imac via usb. headphones are connected to controller. i record/mix through virtual dj.

here is image of control panel settings. mk4 firmware was just updated. 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56969836@n08/8444729413/

hopefully its just a few settings. 

As you can see in the image you posted, the Headphone channel is set to 1-2, which is the Main Output. If you want to use preview, make sure to set it to 3-4 instead.

Topic starter

quick response dude!! 

I switched to 3-4 (default) with no change. But I did hear a static noise when switching, but no preview. 

My

audio output is my computer, instead of speakers, would that be the culprit?

I had missed that you are using VDJ Pro (and not LE, which is pre-configured for the MK4).

The basic audio configuration for VDJ should be as follow:

- Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

- Soundcard: DJ Console Mk4

Topic starter

I had trouble finding the right output(s).  But eventually:

-Config

-Sound Setup / Advanced Config 

-Headphones 3-4

-Then add Master 1-2 

Many thanks for your help !

Topic starter

I had missed that you are using VDJ Pro (and not LE, which is pre-configured for the MK4).

The basic audio configuration for VDJ should be as follow:

/>

/>

/>

- Output(s):

Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

- Soundcard: DJ Console Mk4

With your config I could hear in the headphones, but not on the computer or speakers. 

I did however go into the advanced Config and it seemed to have worked. I am embarrassed to say that I did not fully test this out though.  I can hear both decks playing in the headphones, even though I only have one button (listen a) pushed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56969836@N08/8446243432/   IMAGE

The configuration I suggested implied that speakers were connected to the back of the Mk4 (as this is what VDJ was instructed to do).

Also be aware of the position of the  Monitor Mix knob, right next to the headphone volume.

- When in the CUE position (far left), you will hear the deck for which the CUE SELECT has been activated

- When in the MIX position (far right), you will hear what comes out of Output 1-2, according to the crossfader position.

- If you want to hear a bit of both (when preparing a track), simply put it down the middle position.