mk4 firmware proble...

Notifications
Clear all

mk4 firmware problems

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys, i think i need some help. i use my mk4 for already about 2 years but when i bought a macbook air with osx mavericks and tried to install my mk4, it totally crashed ... after the drivers installation i had to do an audio firmware update. after proceeding the updater asked me to disconnect and reconnect my console to confirm the installation, but at this point the updater didnt detect my console anymore ... so now because of the incomplete firmware installation there is no computer nor mac which detects my console so its impossible to use it. and this is already the second time ..stirnrunzelnd when this error occured fist and the console was broke i sent it back and bought a new one and now there is the same problem ..

so you see i need your help!! 

Topic starter

Hi, theN, did you manage by any chance to get a solution for your problem? I just saw your message and wanted to tell you that I had absolutely the same problem back in September, although my MacBook Air was running with OSX Mountain Lion. My MK4 was still under guarrantee, so I sent it back to the store and had to wait for 3-4 months to get a replacement!. When at last I got a new mk4 the same thing happened - it broke down when I tried to update the firmware although I strictly followed all the instructions. I got quite disappointed so I am about to dump the mk4 but before that I decided to throw one last look at the web in case any solution might have popped up somewhere...

@Alpino

Did you try contacting Technical Support?

Topic starter

@DJ Phatso

Yes, this was the first thing I did when the mk4 broke down back in September. Technical support were pretty quick to respond then and suggested that I repeat the manual firmware update procedure which I did many times with no success :-(. Then they suggested that I have the mk4 exchanged at the retailer as it was still under warranty. When I received the new mk4 and it broke down under the same cirumstances and after I strictly followed all instructions including the manual firmware update procedure, I did not contact Technical Support again. Instead, I decided to look for possible solutions here and came across this thread.

What is your Macbook AIR model (Utilities > System information)?

Since this problem is a little bit strange, I'm sure our development team would like to take a look at your unit to try figuring out what exactly happenned.

I would invite you to contact Technical Support, mention our conversation here (they are aware) and they will arrange for you to send us your console so we can study it and provide you with a replacement. 

Once you get that replacement, please proceed as I will indicate in a private message (please accept my invitation under My Space). This will valuable information to us and with a bit of luck, we'll get everyting working again for you.

Topic starter

Thanks, DJ Phatso, I'll do as you say. Here is my Macbook Air info:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB 

Thank for the information and your collaboration. I'll send you the instructions to follow with your replacement device privately soon.

Topic starter

Hey, I could provide a RMX unit on which the same shit happend. The automatic firmware updater sent my console into heaven.
Now it is only recognized as a unknown device with vendor ID 0451 (which is texas instrument) and product id 3200.
If your development team has any hint for me how to flash the chip with the current firmware, please tell me.
I already tried all the good hints found in this forum, but as the device is not recognized as RMX Bulk but as unknown device, the firmware updater does not work.
PLEASE HELP, I want my RMX console back to work as it is such a sweet console