Notifications
Clear all

mk4 midi-problem (traktor)

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello!

i recently got a hercules dj console mk4, and i have problems making it work in traktor pro.
here is the problem:
i have downloaded the tsi. for the mk4 on the hercules support site (yes, i am using the required 1.2.4 version) and i have followed the instructions that come with.

after importing the tsi. file into traktor, i go to "controller-manager", and this is where things get wierd. in the "in-port" and "out-port" tab, where its at this point supposed to say "hercules", it instead says "n/a hercules". and the controller does not work.

so for some reason my mk4 in-port and our-port is not avalible. i should also mention that i have used it in virtual dj and in that program it works flawlessly.

does anyone know what might be wrong? would be ever gratefull for some help with this.

7 Answers

Hello,

You have probably loaded the Mac version of the TSI file for DJ Console Mk4 in Traktor instead of the Windows version. Please check you use the Windows TSI file instead of the Mac TSI file, in case you use Traktor Pro in Windows.  

7 Answers
Topic starter

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Actually, I am using a mac, so this is unfortunatly not the solution to my problem (yes, I am using the mac tsi.) : ( 
Do you have any other idea about what could be wrong with it?

Thanks,

7 Answers

Which version of OS X are you using ?

You have installed the latest drivers for the Mk4 ?

Did you verify that the MK4 is correctly installed ?

Is the Mk4 correctly working as a MIDI controller ?

7 Answers
Topic starter

Hey!

I am using Max OS X version 10.6.2.

Now this is really wierd: I downloaded the latest update for the MK4 and installed it. Att this time I also updated the firmware on the MK4. After this I tried launching Traktor Pro and my controller was working! I then restarted my computer and re-launched Traktor, only to find that the controller was no longer working.

I checked and the MK4 is indeed adequatly installed. However, when I downloaded and launched the Snoize MIDI monitor. I got a message where it said that the MIDI monitor had "problems initializing the MIDI system".

Also, i can't seem to launch my Mk4 controll panel anymore... things are getting wierd, haha!

Would appreciate any further help!

thanks,

7 Answers

Using a Macbook I presume ?

You may want to try the other USB ports and see if you get the same results. There have been known issues related to that:

You may also want to verify if there is a difference between booting the computer WITH the MK4 connected, and connecting it AFTER OS X is completely initiated.

7 Answers
Topic starter

Problem solved!!

As you said, the problem was the fact that I can only connect my Mk4 AFTER the computer is up and running. This, in combination with the updated drivers and the correct USB-port, has solved the problem.

I love you, and if it was biologically possible, I would have wanted to give birth to your babies.

Thank you!

7 Answers

Thank you would have been sufficient enough 🙂

Glad to know it works now.

7 Answers
Topic starter

Need the *.tks file for Traktor DJ Studio 3 + Hercules DJ Console MK4 . Anyone ? Thanks.

7 Answers
Topic starter

hello,

you have probably loaded the mac version of the tsi file for dj console mk4 in traktor instead of the windows version. please check you use the windows tsi file instead of the mac tsi file, in case you use traktor pro in windows.  

Topic starter

hey, thanks for the reply!

actually, i am using a mac, so this is unfortunatly not the solution to my problem (yes, i am using the mac tsi.) : ( 
do you have any other idea about what could be wrong with it?

thanks,

Topic starter

which version of os x are you using ?

you have installed the latest drivers for the mk4 ?

did you verify that the mk4 is correctly installed ?

is the mk4 correctly working as a midi controller ?

Topic starter

hey!

i am using max os x version 10.6.2.

now this is really wierd: i downloaded the latest update for the mk4 and installed it. att this time i also updated the firmware on the mk4. after this i tried launching traktor pro and my controller was working! i then restarted my computer and re-launched traktor, only to find that the controller was no longer working.

i checked and the mk4 is indeed adequatly installed. however, when i downloaded and launched the snoize midi monitor. i got a message where it said that the midi monitor had "problems initializing the midi system".

also, i cant seem to launch my mk4 controll panel anymore... things are getting wierd, haha!

would appreciate any further help!

thanks,

Topic starter

using a macbook i presume ?

you may want to try the other usb ports and see if you get the same results. there have been known issues related to that:

you may also want to verify if there is a difference between booting the computer with the mk4 connected, and connecting it after os x is completely initiated.

Topic starter

problem solved!!

as you said, the problem was the fact that i can only connect my mk4 after the computer is up and running. this, in combination with the updated drivers and the correct usb-port, has solved the problem.

i love you, and if it was biologically possible, i would have wanted to give birth to your babies.

thank you!

Page 1 / 2