mk4 soundcard probl...

Notifications
Clear all

mk4 soundcard problem in traktor

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ok so i got my mk4 running properly with traktor then all of a sudden the music that comes out of the rc input sounds like static everything seems to be fine but this is the only problem i will post a youtube video so you will see exactly what i mean please help if you can thank you!!! hh d^...^b

Topic starter

Here is the video hope it helps. The first play is the original song the second is what my problem is

You might want to start by applying the recommendations of the following guide:

As well, before launching Traktor, go to the DJ control panel, and change de ASIO buffer size by one step (higher or lower).

Try using Traktor for a while, keeping notice of audio problems. If this is the case, change the buffer size again, and repeat until you find the appropriate setting for your computer configuration.

Topic starter

It doesnt seem to be any problem with ASIO as it works fine through my computer speaker. If you watch the video you will see i switch back from asio to my mk4 soundcard so it only happens when i use the mk4 soundcard in the preferences. And i have made sure to check with the guide.

This is my point exactly.

The Hercules DJ MK4 ASIO drivers, which you shoud select as Audio Device in Traktor, will be affected if the ASIO buffer size is inappropriate for your configuration. This is why they should be modified.

Your computer's soundcard might not be affected by the same problems, but keep in mind that is it not connected thought USB, and as such, might not come in conflict with other USB device fighting for the bandwidth. As well, it doesn't have all the appropriate outputs necessary.   

Topic starter

Ok thank you i did it i really really appreciate it man!!!! but now have another small problem i cant hear anything in my headphones sorry but i really thank you a lot for helping me.

I guess you haven't read the configuration document included with the MIDI mapping files available in the Support section:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=262&cid=5

It will show you how to configure the audio section of Traktor to use the MK4.

Topic starter

Feeling stupid now thank you its as simple as that your a lot of help!!! HH d^...^b