need some help on m...

Notifications
Clear all

need some help on my hercules 4mx

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

just bought last night this controller and install everything with the cd that comes with it. after all the installation that ive done. i tried to use the controller. but i dont understand the action of some buttons. so i decided to check the mappers. surpringsingly there is no mapper in the folder of vdj.

any mistake that i do in the installation?

i install the driver and the vdj that comes along with the controller.

6 Answers

Virtual DJ LE is preconfigured to work exclusively with your controller, and it is not possible to change the set assignments. Only VDJ PRO Full would allow you to customize your controller configuration.

You can consult the user manual , which gives a description of what all buttons and controls do.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Thank you very much for the information,

6 Answers

Hello Gerard,

1) A quick guide of VirtualDJ 7 LE 4-Mx is currently in translation process, this guide describes the action of the different buttons. Once it is available, I send you a message.

2) What are the buttons whose action you don't understand?

6 Answers
Topic starter

The buttons for hot cue,loop in,loop out, and the effects, hopefully i will receive this quick guide so that i will understand this controller deeper.

Thanks!

6 Answers

Hot Cue: Press once to set a cue point within the song. Pressing the same button agin will bring back the song to that exact position

Loop In/Out: Start by pressing Loop In to set the begining of the loop, then Loop Out to set the end position and enable the  loop.

FX: when assigned to an effect, pressing the buton will enable or disable the effect.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Thank you very much! This one really helps!

6 Answers
Topic starter

Guru's, how do you cancel the hot cues in 4MX?

6 Answers

Hello,

It depends on what you call cancel the hot cues.

1) To assign another command on the button which has a Hot Cue command
- Right click on the down triangle icon close to the button you want to remap on the graphic user interface (if you have a Mac mouse with no right click, Ctrl + mouse click) 
- You get a list of functions which can be assigned on the button
- Select the command you want in the list

2) If you want to delete a hot cue point
Right click on the white bar of cue point  in the preview waveform (called deck viewer in the manual here), and chose "delete" in the menu you see when you right click (on when you make Ctrl+click on a Mac mouse without right click).  

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi,
Do you know if it is possible to shift the loop-in point with hercules 4mx and VDJ 7LE? I know i can increase/ decrese the number of beats in the loop but till now I was not able to shift the loop.

6 Answers
Topic starter

virtual dj le is preconfigured to work exclusively with your controller, and it is not possible to change the set assignments. only vdj pro full would allow you to customize your controller configuration.

you can consult the user manual , which gives a description of what all buttons and controls do.

Topic starter

thank you very much for the information,

Topic starter

hello gerard,

1) a quick guide of virtualdj 7 le 4-mx is currently in translation process, this guide describes the action of the different buttons. once it is available, i send you a message.

2) what are the buttons whose action you dont understand?

Topic starter

the buttons for hot cue,loop in,loop out, and the effects, hopefully i will receive this quick guide so that i will understand this controller deeper.

thanks!

Topic starter

hot cue: press once to set a cue point within the song. pressing the same button agin will bring back the song to that exact position

loop in/out: start by pressing loop in to set the begining of the loop, then loop out to set the end position and enable the  loop.

fx: when assigned to an effect, pressing the buton will enable or disable the effect.

Page 1 / 2