Notifications
Clear all

need to mount 4mx

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi! i own a 4mx and absolutley love it!

i really need to mount it in a mobile rack.  it doesnt look like hercules sells a rack mount kit for the 4mx.

i need to mount this in a rack with three shure mics, a secondary mixer, a power conditioner, and a lighting controller.  the odyssey flight case wont work for me because it wont accomodate all that. 

whats the best solution for me to get this thing mounted? im open to pretty much any suggestions.  

The following document shows the exact measurements for 6U rack ears for the 4-Mx:

Maybe this will prove helpful.

Topic starter

Thank you! Hopefully I can find a metal working guy who can make this for me. I appreciate this!

Topic starter

So, I have a second follow-up question... 

I've been looking at the RMX 2. I read a few places online that it's the same size as the older RMX.  Is this true?

If so, could I use the rack mount kit from the RMX to mount the RMX 2? If that would work it would be the perfect excuse for me to upgrade! 🙂 

Hello,

DJConsole Rmx2 size and holes position fit with DJ Console rack Rmx1 rack ears, but you must change the 4 screws and 4 washers used to attaching the rack ears to the Rmx2, since Rmx2 screws holes are made for M4 screws, while Rmx1 needs thinner screws.

To find the appropriate M4 screws, measure the length of the thinner screws attaching the Rmx, and buy M4 screws of the same length in a DIY shop (any normal M4 washer will fit).

Topic starter

Hello,

DJConsole Rmx2 size and holes position fit with DJ Console rack Rmx1 rack ears, but you must change the 4 screws and 4 washers used to attaching the rack ears to the Rmx2, since Rmx2 screws holes are made for M4 screws, while Rmx1 needs thinner screws.

To find the appropriate M4 screws, measure the length of the thinner screws attaching the Rmx, and buy M4 screws of the same length in a DIY shop (any normal M4 washer will fit).

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much for all your help!