no sound from headp...

Notifications
Clear all

no sound from headphones

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i have a dj control air bundled with the djuced software (upgraded to version 18°).  the console is connected to my pc via usb and uses the soundcard of the pc.  this is working fine except for the fact that when i connect a headphone to the console (front jack 6.3 mm) while playing a track in one deck, i cannot prelisten the track in the other deck.  i looked around in the forums and the manuals and they all come up with the solution to separate the outputs (master to soundcard pc and headphones to dj control outputs 3&4.  that would be great if i had the option to configure this in the djuced settings.  all i can do is set the output device in general, no way to separate headphones and master on two separate devices. 
if i put the audio card of the pc as output device -> only master is avaiable on output 1&2 so no headphones.
if i select asio4all or asio for dj control air i get master and headphones selection tab but only for outputs 1&2 and 3&4 so i only get sound through the headphones and not over the pc soundcard.

please advice me on how to setup through usb to pc with ability to use headphones , i dont want to connect my speakers to the rear of the console ...

Let's see if we cannot simplify your life a little bit.

Once connected to your computer, the DJ AIR becomes the default audio interface for your computer, so can also use it for listening to music with iTunes or watching video on Youtubes, hence leaving your speakers permenantly connect to it.

But let's says for some reason you still want to use your onboard soundcard....

Would you speakers by any chance have an auxiliary input (sometimes labelled AUX or LINE IN) to which you can connect an external source such as a iPod or a gaming console ?

If so, my suggestion would be to connect the output of the DJ AIR to this auxiliary when you want to mix with the console, and simply disconnect it when you want to use your computer's soundcard.

Topic starter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but i'm using a 5.1 setup that has a 3 connector input (front, rear and sub) going from pc to the control speaker and from there with a d-sub connector to the subwoofer.  Unfortunately no auxiliary jack.  As there is only 1 output jack on the rear of the dj air console this didn't seem like an option to me because I would be switching to a basic 2 speaker stereo setup... I'll try and fiddle with it tonight to see if it's possible to alter the setup so I can use the air console as default soundcard.  I would hate to dive under the desk every time I want 5.1 sound for gaming or movies and switch back for dj'ing.  Strange that the option to separate the sound output over different channels (master to pc soundcard and headphones to dj control air) is not there. It would seem to me that this is a very common way of setting up things...

What is the brand/model of your speaker system ?  I find it odd that it would not have an AUX input (on the volume remote for example) as this as been a pretty commun feature for many years.

The main reason why the option to use different 2 soundcards is because incompatible drivers and different sample rates often leads to performance and audio related issues.

For most users and beginners, it is much easier to use one audio interface (that was designed and optimized for this purpose) then try to get two devices that may or may not work well together .  

Topic starter

It' a Logitech X-620 6.1 speaker system with 6 sattelites and a subwoofer.  I tried connecting each of the 3 wires (front rear and sub) to the out jack of the dj air, but neither of them gives a satisfying result.  also tried connecting djair output to line in on audio card but yet again, nothing...  Sucks having to buy a new speaker set, just to get this to work...