Notifications
Clear all

not able to pre-listen tracks

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

im new to the community and just bought a hercules dj control mp3 le. it came with djuced 18 and its really fun to play around with.
the problem was that i couldnt pre-listen a track to make a little mix, so i bought an external sound card (usb). i did some research on the internet and found a cheap external sound card. its a behringer u-control uca222. i thought this would solve the problem, but now i hear the music through my stereo and my headphones. i cant seem to seperate the two. so i did some more research and tried the same configuration with virtualdj home free. with virtualdj it worked! so i cant pre-listen a track with djuced 18, but it works with virtualdj. so it couldnt be the hardware right?

anyone here who can help a beginner?

thanks in advance.

Contrary to VDJ, DJUCED does not currently allow two audio interfaces at the same time, so you would need a soundcard that has at least 2 independant stereo outputs (or 4 channel if you will) .

Since the Behringer has only 1 stereo output (the headphone output replicate the main output), it cannot obviously serve  that purpose.

Topic starter

Ok thanks. So do you know where I can buy an external sound card that does work with DJUCED? Or if DJUCED will come with an update or something?

Any 5.1 USB soundcard card will do , as long as you have more than 1 stereo output (they will often be labeled as FRONT. REAR SUB/Center or similar). Stay away from devices that only have one output and that advertize "virtual 3D" or virtual 5.1" etc.

The following document explains the configuration needed in Windows and in DJUCED to use a multichannel card.

Topic starter

Could you give me some options? Like, name some USB soundcards you use maybe? Some links are appreciated.

Obviously I have to start with these:

http://www.hercules.com/us/Sound-Cards/

but also this one:

http://www.numark.com/product/djio

Topic starter

Thanks alot! I'm going to try one of them and will keep my fingers crossed!