odd jog function 4-...

Notifications
Clear all

odd jog function 4-mx in traktor 2 ...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i had a hercules steel and i decided to upgrade my console. i bought 4-mx and i was discomfortable with traktor pro 2.x mapping (mapping file from herculessite) immediately...
usualy (on steel) i spin the jog for searching on track, but now i cant do this 🙁 i mast to push the jog and then spin. its very uncomfortably. if i dont push the jog the searching in the track is very very slowest.
all this only in traktor with standart mapping for one (from hercules site), but in virtual dj 7.x all fine and super (with steel and 4-mx equally).
this is misunderstanding. maybe its need to remaping the jog function ? how ? help me !

p.s. sorry if i send this message in the wrong topic

First of all, you must consider that an adaptation is necessary since both consoles have different types of jog wheels.

The 4-Mx has pressure sensitive jogs (Like CDJ), where the Steel were simple 1 functions jogs. You could have a similar feel with the 4-Mx by locking the wheels, disabling the pressure, but this would also require remapping the functions.

With the 4-Mx, the jog wheel behavior is the same for both VDJ and Traktor (with the mapping available on the support site) as it would be for a CDJ unit:

- When using the outside of the wheel (without applying pressure), the pitch bend function is used

- When pressing the the jog wheel, the scratch function is used (given that scratch is enabled)

Chapter 13.20 of the Traktor user manual will give you the basic informations regarding understanding how the Controller manager works and how to perform modifications to the MIDI mapping. Some tutorials are also available online.   

Topic starter

Thanx for a answer.

I changed map for Tempo Bend(stepless) in Traktor and question is disappeared.

Yes ... I have to get used from Steel to 4-Mx, it's realy another way to use the jog. Maybe you can help me with faster adaptation...
How can I make the jogs were spinning longer and easy ? The jog on Steel could make more turns and easy than on 4-Mx. Fingers get tired more quickly on 4-Mx then on Steel.