overlays and other ...

Notifications
Clear all

overlays and other cool things

20 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i am an avid reader of ean goldens dj tech tools web site which apparently is also vci-100 central. i am really impressed with all of the customizations that djtt makes available for the vci-100, notably the custom overlays.

wondering if hercules will continue to promote the rmx and steel in a similar fashion. the dj mix room is a great idea but there are a lot more help threads than there are for how to maximize our gear, for lack of a better phrase. 

just an observation.   smile 

10 Answers
Topic starter

+1

intresting idea!

10 Answers
Topic starter

It would be nice to have other Hercules products (expand there line abit) like the M-audia Torq Gig Bag

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqXponentGigBag.html

Everything, and I mean everything for a gig fits into it, it's awesome. I'll be ordering one when they become avalible here in the UK.

10 Answers
Topic starter

It would be nice to have other Hercules products (expand there line abit) like the M-audia Torq Gig Bag

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqXponentGigBag.html

Everything, and I mean everything for a gig fits into it, it's awesome. I'll be ordering one when they become avalible here in the UK.

Ahhh...you're my hero. I was getting my wallet ready to grab the UDG Producer Bag -->
http://www.topdjgear.com/udgproducerbag.html

The Torq Gig Bag is well over $100 less. All I need to fit in the bag will be a 15-inch laptop, RMX (soon to be Steel - gotta have those LEDs and the Shift function) and my Korg nanoPad.

10 Answers
Topic starter

More communication from Hercules would also be nice - let the people know what is happening with development for the RMX and Steel. Any improvements forthcoming with future drivers? What do the engineers have to say about scattered reports of poor sound quality on the RMX - why leave that perception out there if the reports are not accurate?  Any discussions with NI or Serato about partnering to promote the RMX/Steel? How about an official Hercules gig bag? And how about app-specific templates?

Marketing is good.  Smile

10 Answers
Topic starter

Maxdjack and Jimmy B. are always timely with the help...perhaps Hercules should 'compensate' them in exchange for VDJ/RMX 'Best Practices' articles that can be viewed by the general public on the main Hercules RMX site.

Just sayin' ...

10 Answers
Topic starter

Some additional ideas for Guillemot:

Niceties:
 - Alternace face plates for Steel.
 - Product-specific wallpapers (RMX, Steel, MK2)

Serious:
 - Sticky, read-only thread detailing driver development status, new features, etc.
 - Native Instruments Traktor Scratch certification (that might be a bit of a stretch I'll admit)
 - Community-accessible beta drivers for field testing and feedback
 - Deeper interaction with open-source community (Mixxx, JACK Audio Connection Kit)

10 Answers

Hello Sedohr,

Thank you for your kind attention. RigolantHercules has already "compensated" me in advance since, as a beta tester of the Rmx, I was given a DJ Console Rmx prototype in advance for beta testing and, after the release of the Rmx, I was exchanged the prototype with a final DJ Console Rmx. That is my reasons for knowing well Hercules DJ gears: I can test them in advance, I still get in advance the Mac drivers (as I use more Mac than Windows), and I can discuss directly with the Hercules team for technical questions and suggestions (so I can understand the choices on the gears).

Regarding your suggestion on reports

1) Any improvements forthcoming with future drivers?
When new drivers are released, they improve something, whether it is stability, compatibility, audio quality, response time, and when the driver is released, there is an information which says what is changed (for example in the drivers 2008.HDJS.4 http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1 the changes are New DJ Console Mk2 firmware (v15) and minor ASIO bugfixes.)

2) What do the engineers have to say about scattered reports of poor sound quality on the RMX - why leave that perception out there if the reports are not accurate?
I have not really seen or heard anything really describing audio quality problem: the only audio quality problems I hear of are 
a) VirtualDJ Pro safe mode related: you switch off VirtualDJ Pro safe mode, and it is solved,
b) USB bus power related: if the USB bus power is unstable, the output level may change, so one must always disable the USB power saving setting (in Windows) of the USB port, and sometimes plug the Rmx on a USB hub with a power adapter,
c) CPU usage related (especially with Vista, as Vista divides by 2 the performance of a PC), issues which are generally solved by setting the laprop in full power instead of letting it in power saving (slow) mode, disabling the Wifi connection, disabling the antivirus, sometimes disabling the battery view meter on laptops in Vista.

3) Any discussions with NI or Serato about partnering to promote the RMX/Steel? How about an official Hercules gig bag? And how about app-specific templates?
I am not sure NI or Serato may promote Rmx/Steel as long as they come with VirtualDJ (as I am not sure VirtualDJ forum would be as focused for Rmx/Steel users if the consoles were delivered with NI or Serato Itch).
Please precise which kind of official gig bag you wish, and what you call app-specific templates? Do you mean preset files (as you can find on ts.hercules.com area) or do you mean something else?

10 Answers
Topic starter

Hello Sedohr,

Thank you for your kind attention. RigolantHercules has already "compensated" me in advance since, as a beta tester of the Rmx, I was given a DJ Console Rmx prototype in advance for beta testing and, after the release of the Rmx, I was exchanged the prototype with a final DJ Console Rmx. That is my reasons for knowing well Hercules DJ gears: I can test them in advance, I still get in advance the Mac drivers (as I use more Mac than Windows), and I can discuss directly with the Hercules team for technical questions and suggestions (so I can understand the choices on the gears).

You lucky guy Maxdjack

Do Hercules need anymore beta testers Wink I up for it, lol

And thanks for the kind words Sedohr, although I don't get compensated I guess I just like playing around that's how you get to know things and pick things up. Do not be affraid of experimenting, me I do it for fun, lol 

@Maxdjack, as for the Gig bag, please look at the link that I posted for the M-audio Gig bag. It would be cool if Hercules had a similar bag. Where everything a digital DJ needs for a gig is in there and at hand.

10 Answers
Topic starter

Hello Sedohr,

Regarding your suggestion on reports

1) Any improvements forthcoming with future drivers?
When new drivers are released, they improve something, whether it is stability, compatibility, audio quality, response time, and when the driver is released, there is an information which says what is changed (for example in the drivers 2008.HDJS.4 http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1 the changes are New DJ Console Mk2 firmware (v15) and minor ASIO bugfixes.)

2) What do the engineers have to say about scattered reports of poor sound quality on the RMX - why leave that perception out there if the reports are not accurate?
I have not really seen or heard anything really describing audio quality problem: the only audio quality problems I hear of are 
a) VirtualDJ Pro safe mode related: you switch off VirtualDJ Pro safe mode, and it is solved,
b) USB bus power related: if the USB bus power is unstable, the output level may change, so one must always disable the USB power saving setting (in Windows) of the USB port, and sometimes plug the Rmx on a USB hub with a power adapter,
c) CPU usage related (especially with Vista, as Vista divides by 2 the performance of a PC), issues which are generally solved by setting the laprop in full power instead of letting it in power saving (slow) mode, disabling the Wifi connection, disabling the antivirus, sometimes disabling the battery view meter on laptops in Vista.

3) Any discussions with NI or Serato about partnering to promote the RMX/Steel? How about an official Hercules gig bag? And how about app-specific templates?
I am not sure NI or Serato may promote Rmx/Steel as long as they come with VirtualDJ (as I am not sure VirtualDJ forum would be as focused for Rmx/Steel users if the consoles were delivered with NI or Serato Itch).
Please precise which kind of official gig bag you wish, and what you call app-specific templates? Do you mean preset files (as you can find on ts.hercules.com area) or do you mean something else?

Hi gang. Realized that I am way behind on my replies.

1. Yes, I do realize that new drivers come with improvements, bug fixes, etc. That question of mine was meant to be more of a rhetorical one. Cool

Would love to see a sticky with a list of upcoming improvements and fixes and their development status (in development, beta testing, etc). Yes, I am indeed spoiled by NI's forums where they do this.

2.  I've heard of such problems in different forums.  I did read a very good piece of info on the gauge quality of USB cable and how 'cheap' cables can affect the power going across the bus. And, apparently, just because it's Monster Cable, it doesn't mean it's the best; that was the sub-message of that same thread, heh.

3. Good point regarding the marketing red-tape - that's too bad.

Re: 'app-specific templates' what I should have said was 'app-specific plates'  in reference to the Steel. But now that I take a look at the default plate, there probably isn't much that can be done as far as customizing it for different apps. Actually, I take that back - Traktor makes heavy use of the Scratch button as a modifier so perhaps a plate could be developed that featured dual functions for the pots and buttons within the removable plate, as an example.

10 Answers
Topic starter

Yes, a small range of overlays for the Rmx would be fuckin sweet. Sheep and Easy to produce as well.
Or/And some sort of photoshop template so you can design and print your own would almost be even better.
I have checkt the structure and you could easily snag it around the top and buttom corners just like the VCI-100,
and keep it inplace with the screws or maby make it self adhesive.
I guess you could measure it all and do it yourself but it would take time and a great deal of work to make it really neat.

I am waiting!

10 Answers
Topic starter

+1

intresting idea!

Topic starter

it would be nice to have other hercules products (expand there line abit) like the m-audia torq gig bag

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/torqxponentgigbag.html

everything, and i mean everything for a gig fits into it, its awesome. ill be ordering one when they become avalible here in the uk.

Topic starter

it would be nice to have other hercules products (expand there line abit) like the m-audia torq gig bag

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/torqxponentgigbag.html

everything, and i mean everything for a gig fits into it, its awesome. ill be ordering one when they become avalible here in the uk.

ahhh...youre my hero. i was getting my wallet ready to grab the udg producer bag -->
http://www.topdjgear.com/udgproducerbag.html

the torq gig bag is well over $100 less. all i need to fit in the bag will be a 15-inch laptop, rmx (soon to be steel - gotta have those leds and the shift function) and my korg nanopad.

Topic starter

more communication from hercules would also be nice - let the people know what is happening with development for the rmx and steel. any improvements forthcoming with future drivers? what do the engineers have to say about scattered reports of poor sound quality on the rmx - why leave that perception out there if the reports are not accurate?  any discussions with ni or serato about partnering to promote the rmx/steel? how about an official hercules gig bag? and how about app-specific templates?

marketing is good.  smile

Page 1 / 2