problem with sound ...

Notifications
Clear all

problem with sound from 4-mx

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

please tolerate my ignorance but i was enjoying my 4-mx untill one day i plugged it in and only half of the sound came out of the right speaker....im using a 1/4 appater jack and plugging in my logitech computer speakers...the speakers work fine when there not hooked up to the console....ive installed new drivers looked at numerous forums but i still cant figure it out....o yeah im on a mac with the new os if that helps.......thank you so much for your time and suggestions!

What adapter are you exactly using to connect your speakers to the 4-Mx ?

I would recommend using a female mini-jack to male RCA suchas this one:

If you want to use the 1/4" connector, remember that, just like RCA, you have to both channel 1 and 2 to actually get stereo.

Topic starter

Im using a 3.5mm TRS to 1/4 in TRS thats what it says on the box......but thank you so much ill check that out and let you know how it goes and again i appreaciate your time!

Hello Dcollia,

The 1/8" TRS to 1/4 TRS adapter in the box is for stereo headphones.
You should not connect this stereo adapter to the 1/4" outputs on the rear panel of your Rmx as these rear panel 1/4" outputs are mono outputs (so it is normal connecting your speakers to only 1 jack mono output sends sound in only 1 speaker out of 2).
Please add a dual RCA male to 1/8" TRS like this one (as mentionned by Phatso) between your 4-Mx dual RCA outputs and your speakers.