problems connecting...

Notifications
Clear all

problems connecting rmx console to traktor pro

26 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my new rmx console works fine thru the provided vdj but when i run it thru traktor pro with the provided midi mappings for the rmx console i encounter the following problems;

the headphones dont work
only the left deck outputs music
the crossfader doesnt work

the beatmatch and fx buttons seem to work ok for the left deck. 

i am new to traktor and currently finding it hard to work out :-).

i bought the remix console to use speciifcally with traktor and find vdj too unreliable.  
anyone know why it wont connect properly?

i have powered speakers connected to outputs 1-2

thanks in advance. 

13 Answers

Should I assume that your configured Traktor (Audio and MIDI) as indicated in the PDF document included with the MIDI profile ?

13 Answers
Topic starter

im working to the traktor PRO e using on 100% very nice !

thanks for the config 🙂

on DJ ITech

13 Answers
Topic starter

I got the same problem, but with a twist.  I followed the pdf instructions and installed the new driver software package I found on TS Hercules website. Went thru all the steps, and imported the TSI file for Traktor Scratch Pro.

All I get on my console is a Pitch Reset and Sync light that is steadily on.  None of the dial or joggers work, nor does any of the load buttons.

I'm runnig this on my laptop which is a Compaq Persario, with 2 gigs of ram.  I also hooked up my controller to a Belkin USB Hub with a power supply to correct any low power voltages that might come up with my laptop. Per the instruction in the pdf.
I've also tried to use the controller on my desktop pc, using a rear mounted USB port, vice a front or hub. And get the same ouytcome.

Am I missing anything else here to do???

13 Answers

Can you test the Rmx as a MIDI controller as described in this document:

Are every controls working correctly?

13 Answers
Topic starter

Can you test the Rmx as a MIDI controller as described in this document:

Are every controls working correctly?

I used Midi Monitor and all the controls do work. They go from 0 to 127 as described in the PDF file. So I know that
the controller is active when that app is running.

13 Answers
Topic starter

My new rmx console works fine thru the provided vdj but when I run it thru traktor pro with the provided midi mappings for the rmx console I encounter the following problems;

the headphones dont work
only the left deck outputs music
the crossfader doesnt work

the beatmatch and fx buttons seem to work ok for the left deck. 

I am new to traktor and currently finding it hard to work out :-).

I bought the remix console to use speciifcally with traktor and find vdj too unreliable.  
anyone know why it wont connect properly?

I have powered speakers connected to outputs 1-2

Thanks in advance. 

I'm having pretty much the same problem. Have just set up Traktor Pro with Hercules Steel. The cross-fader won't work and the track will load on Deck B and play but can't be heard. Any advice? I've been through the pdf and checked that I've set this up in the right manner, but I am new to Traktor so would appreciate any advice. Thanks

13 Answers

Hello,

Please check if you have activated internal mixing in Traktor Pro, it looks like if you are in external mode. 

13 Answers
Topic starter

Hi,

How do I check whether I've activated internal/ external mixing?

EDIT: Just to update, the Play button on Deck A doesn't elicit a response now. Also, if the answer to the above is just to adjust View options, then I've played around with this on each of the four settings but with no change to the problems described. But, being new to this I'm sure I may be missing something.

SECOND EDIT: I've worked out where I could switch the internal mixing (in the Output Routing menu). Everything appears to be working well apart from when I move the cross-fader, it also moves the track selector up and down, as if I was using the arrow keys to scan up and down the track list. Any remedy for this?

13 Answers

Hello,

Please precise
- which version of Traktor Pro you use (for example 1.2.7),
- in which environment (for example Mac OS 10.6.6 or Windows 7 64-bit),
- with which DJ Console series driver (for 2010 HDJS 4 in Windows, or driver 2.47 in Mac OS).

If you use Traktor Pro 1.2 or after, please confirm you have loaded the TSI file for Traktor 1.2 (for Mac, file   TP_DJ_STL(MAC)_v1.2.TSI / for Windows, file TP_DJ_STL(PC)_v1.2.tsi) rather than the TSI for Traktor Pro 1.12 (file TP_DJ_STL_v1.tsi).

13 Answers
Topic starter

Hi, I'm using:

Traktor Pro 1.2.7
Mac 10.6.6
Driver 2.47

I've loaded in the Traktor 1.2 TSI file

After a little more experimenting, these are the problems I'm getting:
- The Crossfader works as a cross fader, but also scrolls through the track collection
- The Pitch Control for Deck A doesn't work for Pitch but instead moves the Crossfader
- Movement of Deck A adjusts the Deck A Mid setting
- Movement of Deck B adjusts the Deck A Treble setting
- The Apply Ctrl. on switch works, but also toggles Bass min/max on Deck A
- Gain for Deck A also adjusts Volume for Deck B

There may well be other issues, but I'm a newbie on Traktor and am only just beginning to experiment.

13 Answers

As indicated in the document that is included with the profile, you've loaded the TSI in Traktor using the IMPORT button, correct ?

If you go to Controller-Manager > Device menu, you should normally have 2 choices:

- Generic Keyboard
- Generic MIDI (DJ Control Steel)

Is that the cases ?

Do you have any other entry (i.e. profile) that could potentially create conflicts ? 

If so, select the said profile so it appears in the Device field, then from the Edit... menu, select Delete.

13 Answers
Topic starter

I've been away awhile so has taken me some time to reply. The problem is now solved. Deleting redundant General MIDI profile was all that was needed. All seems to be working ok now. Thanks for your support DJ Phatso.

13 Answers
Topic starter

There may well be other issues, but I'm a newbie on Traktor and am only just beginning to experiment.

13 Answers
Topic starter

should i assume that your configured traktor (audio and midi) as indicated in the pdf document included with the midi profile ?

Page 1 / 2