problems with rmx (...

Notifications
Clear all

problems with rmx (sorry)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i know this has been gone over a million times before, but ive tried everything and i cant seem to get it to work.

so recently i bought a hercules rmx. i was at university, and i managed to get it working fine there - installed the drivers, no problem at all, worked great. however, ive brought it back home now, and ive plugged it in, and noticed that the dj tray has a red cross over it. ive tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them to no avail.

the console is picked up - it comes up as unknown device on my device manager, though, with the yellow exclamation mark next to it. tried it in all my usb ports and its flashing and stuff, but where it worked before, it has ceased to work now.

tried this 

procedure but couldnt get it to work that way, either.

any ideas anybody? im itching to get mixing again and im pretty frustrated i cant.

thanks for listening to me whine 🙂 

edit: running windows 7 home premium, if that helps. 

Hello,

1) Have you tried with a USB hub which has its own power adapter?
2) What is your DJ driver package: is it 2014_HDJS_1?

PS: If you could complete your profile (My Space> My Profile) , and specifically:
- Hercules equipment in use: DJ controller
- Software in use: DJ software
- Describe your equipment: computer brand and model, operating system (As Windows 7 64-bit Service pack 1), Hercules DJ driver,
it would improve the efficiency of the help you can get on a forum.

Topic starter

Sorry, I should have filled that out first. No, I haven't, I'm just using the ones on my laptop - but as it's worked before, I didn't think I'd need to. Should I try that?

I went on the Hercules website and downloaded the most recent device driver package. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite L850-161. All the information regarding the laptop is here  http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-products/satellite-l850-161/

Thank you for your time. I've even tried going into device manager and manually installing the drivers, as it says in device manager unknown device.

Out of curiosity, between the moment when it worked at school and when it stopped working at home, did anything change ?

- Did you install new updates or made major changes to the computer (reinstall Windows for example)?

- Did you install the most recent DJ drivers?

- Was the console potentially damaged during transport ?

Do you have the possibility to test the console on another computer?

Topic starter

I didn't make any major changes to my computer, no. All I would have done was install the regular Windows updates.

I did, from the website, several times and in several different ways.

It shouldn't have been - it was packed securely into my car, and I had it in its padded bag. Also, it still flashes when I plug it in, so I assumed it was in working order.

I did try and plug it in to another laptop, and it hasn't worked in that, either - it's still unrecognised. Does this mean that the controller itself is faulty? If so, is there a warranty on it?

Thanks. 

If you brought it new, the console is covered by a 2 year warranty.  So since it seems to be defective with everything you've tried to revive it, you should contact your retailler or Technical Support to proceed to a replacement.