question about vdj ...

Notifications
Clear all

question about vdj on 2 computers? license and serial issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i just got my dj control steel but am wary to install the software yet, i have multiple computers and will be getting a new one for daw maybe soon and i want to know if i will be able to install the vdj djc series (i think version 5) one more than one machine. i know it has a serial number, but i need to know if i can use it more than once. im not going to give any copies out, i just have a desktop and a laptop, and i might have a dedicated daw soon. this is what has kept me from buying any steinberg software. im not paying more than once for software. i only use one copy at a time in my house.

3 Answers

According to EULA (END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT) available on Virtual DJ web site:

http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/disclaimer.html

1. PERMITTED USE AND RESTRICTIONS

You are granted one license to:
- install and use the Software on one computer.
- install and use the Software on a second computer, if this computer is normally used by the same person and the Software will not be used on both computers at the same time.
- make back-up copies of the Software for archival purposes.

This license does NOT allow you to:
- rent, lease, sell, lend, distribute, publish, bundle or sublicense the Software or any part of it.
- rent, lease, sell, lend or distribute hardware on which the Software is installed, unless specifically authorised by Atomix Productions.
- electronically transfer the Software from one computer to another or over a network.
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
- modify the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software.

3 Answers
Topic starter

i just bomught this unit online on ebay and i cant install the virtual dj it is asking for a serial number where can i get this number

3 Answers

The serial number should normally appear on the CD sleeve.

Note that if the previous owner already registered the serial number, it will not be possible for you to use it. You will need to contact Virtual DJ's support to possibly obtain a new serial.

3 Answers
Topic starter

according to eula (end user license agreement) available on virtual dj web site:

http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/disclaimer.html

1. permitted use and restrictions

you are granted one license to:
- install and use the software on one computer.
- install and use the software on a second computer, if this computer is normally used by the same person and the software will not be used on both computers at the same time.
- make back-up copies of the software for archival purposes.

this license does not allow you to:
- rent, lease, sell, lend, distribute, publish, bundle or sublicense the software or any part of it.
- rent, lease, sell, lend or distribute hardware on which the software is installed, unless specifically authorised by atomix productions.
- electronically transfer the software from one computer to another or over a network.
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the software to a human-perceivable form.
- modify the software or create derivative works based upon the software.

Topic starter

i just bomught this unit online on ebay and i cant install the virtual dj it is asking for a serial number where can i get this number

Topic starter

the serial number should normally appear on the cd sleeve.

note that if the previous owner already registered the serial number, it will not be possible for you to use it. you will need to contact virtual djs support to possibly obtain a new serial.