recoding going crac...

Notifications
Clear all

recoding going crackly half way through

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have recently purchased the hercules air and am using djuced.  however, when i am recording my mixes, about half way through im getting a real cracking sound which is a real shame as it overshadows my mixing.  please can anyone advise on this

Topic starter

Can you provide us your computer's specs ?

I suggest you to increase the ASIO buffer in the Hercules control panel.

Please let me know if it works.

Topic starter

Hi Victo

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry I am completely new to this kind of set up (last time I had any sort of mixing system was 10 years plus ago), I have checked the DJcontrol and have the output setting both for 1-2 and 3-4 set to half way with the midi pitch resolution set to the recommended 7 bits.  Not to sure what the ASIO buffer is or how i change it????  It be good to get this problem resolved as it is a little frustrating when I want to listen back to my mixes and the crackling/distortion starts.  

Thanks again for your help in this matter and sorry for my naivety.

Regards

Big Al 

Topic starter

Hello Bigal,

Your naivety isn't a shame, don't blame on yourself for that.
Your are asking the good questions, and you tryied by yourself... Just good efforts !!!

It doesn't happend often in forums that somebody requires help without bein' angry...

Good attitude so i'll help you as much as I can.

When you are in the DJControl Panel, Go the the Advanced Tab (The second tab,I'm not sure of the exact word, because I'm on a french computer right now and the Panel is in French...).
Then, in the 3rd line, you should see the "Buffer" => This is the Asio Buffer. Try to increase the number then test DJUCED again.
Don't increase it to much, just one step to another, test it in DJUCED, and re-increase if troubles continues.

Let me know if it's better.

Regards !

Topic starter

Hi Victo

thanks for your reply (dont understand why people get so angry on these fourms surely we are all trying to acheive the same thing).

I went into the DJControl and clicked on advance and there is nothing on the 3rd line.  What I have tried is raising the sound on the output slightly which worked on two mixes I have recorded this week.  Just when I thought I be on here saying I have resolved it, i tried to record one more mix tonight, and I have played it back and it has happened again.  Really dont understand as I am not aware of doing anything different from the last two successful mixes.

I will try and record another mix later this weekend to see the outcome.  Do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again for your help in this matter.

Regards

Big Al