4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

this is my setup:
* hercules rmx usb connected to pc with virtual dj 5.2.2 installed
* rca output 1 & 2 connected to altec lansing amplifier/speakers
* swissonic mdr-2 recorder connected to rca output 3 & 4 (swissonic mdr-2 only has jack connections so ive connected two jack converters to the cinch cable coming from rca output 3 & 4)

when i start recording only one channel is recorded - i mean i record in stereo but i can only record one open fader at a time... when i start to mix & i open the second fader nothing is recorded - when i then close left or right fader it will continue to record the open fader.
kinda strange to me ... maybe the rmx is not forseen to have recording devices connected?
can somebody help me out?

regards,

nico

2 Answers

Hello Nico_7308,

DKJ console Rmx output 3-4 is the preview channel so if you want to record with your swissonic MDR-2 recorder:
- either you connect the jack output 1-2 to the recorder
- or you don't use the preview, you keep the recorder connected to output 3-4, and you set the Cue-to=Mix headphones button on Mix.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! That worked.

Best regards.

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello nico_7308,

dkj console rmx output 3-4 is the preview channel so if you want to record with your swissonic mdr-2 recorder:
- either you connect the jack output 1-2 to the recorder
- or you dont use the preview, you keep the recorder connected to output 3-4, and you set the cue-to=mix headphones button on mix.

Topic starter

hi,

thanks for your answer! that worked.

best regards.