Notifications
Clear all

rmx 2 wishlist

22 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

overall i am quite pleased with the rmx. a few things id like on the next version though 🙂

1) better preamps all around. the phono pres just arent up to the quality of the rest of the unit and i admit it was my one dissapointment with the unit. the microphone pre is useable, and fitting for the pricepoint. still, a higher quality component with a single, rear xlr & 1/4" combo would be sweet

2) flatter & wider jog wheels. i can see where the current wheels would make users upgrading from other hercules products immediately comfortable. however, there are other options available that would improve the scratch functionality

3) eq center indents

4) firewire. theres just so much on the typical usb bus for djs (e.g. external drives, lighting controllers)

11 Answers
Topic starter

Touch sensitive jogs would be awesome!!!!!

11 Answers
Topic starter

Touch sensitive like the Stanton SCS.3d? I've not had a chance to use them. They work alright?

11 Answers
Topic starter

Oh, ground lift swtiches plz 🙂

11 Answers
Topic starter

XLR outs.

Power Source separate from USB connection so unit can function with alternate "in's" if the computer buys the farm.

Have headphones operate independent of sound card like the microphone does. 

Modular Faders & Slides for easy replacement should trouble arise. 

Higher Quality USB ports (curent one is very loose).

11 Answers
Topic starter

XLR outs.

Power Source separate from USB connection so unit can function with alternate "in's" if the computer buys the farm.

Have headphones operate independent of sound card like the microphone does. 

Modular Faders & Slides for easy replacement should trouble arise. 

Higher Quality USB ports (curent one is very loose).

+1 to all!!!

11 Answers
Topic starter

hey guys, I would like to have the microphone function with added effects, where we can put an echo, revert or flanger in to the mic sound. thanks,

maybe this can be done be upgrading the firmware & software

11 Answers

Hello Markadamas,

You should update your VirtualDJ version to VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC (free update on http://www.virtualdj.com once you register on this website and type your VirtualDJ 5 DJC serial number in your profile), since it includes the microphone effects you want, they can be activated on the right set of buttons 1 to 6:
- Mic VoicePitch
- Mic Reverb
- Mic chorus
- Mic flanger.

11 Answers
Topic starter

touch sensitive en motorised jogwheels would be nice!

11 Answers
Topic starter

Did anyone mention 2 Microphone inputs?  XLR inputs at that. 
On another user forum to which I belong, the lack of 2 Mic inputs is the reason most Virtual DJ users give for not considereing the Hercules RMX. 

I know for me, with a few of the additions mentioned above, I'd gladly shell out an extra $100.00 over the price I paid for my RMX.  Snapto it Hercules! Wink  -Z-

11 Answers
Topic starter

Better quality soundcard would be nice,

Light up the kill buttons on the EQ's also!

11 Answers
Topic starter

Looks like the guys at American Audio read this thread.
Their new offering, the VMS4 has all the features we wish our RMX had, but doesn't.
The VMS4 is a Digital/Analog Hybrid which means if your computer craps out, you won't be $#!+ out of luck as the unit will still function as a mixer AND allow you to play external inputs...unlike the RMX.  With the inputs AND outputs you have a choice of XLR or 1/4 inch...unlike the RMX.  There are 2 Microphone inputs...unlike the RMX.

I love my RMX but for an street price of only $100.00 more than the RMX, I'm left with no choice but to upgrade. 
I'd rather give $450.00 to Hercules, but I don't see even a mention of a comparable product.  Sad.  -Z-

11 Answers
Topic starter

touch sensitive jogs would be awesome!!!!!

Topic starter

touch sensitive like the stanton scs.3d? ive not had a chance to use them. they work alright?

Topic starter

oh, ground lift swtiches plz 🙂

Page 1 / 2