rmx and el capitan ...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx and el capitan help please

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello!  i have read, i think, all the documents and help pages available on this and am stuck.  i see some really detailed assistance being given and am only hoping to be so fortunate!

i have macbook pro 2009 using dj console rmx on 10.11.1

this hardware used to work okay on djay software but i recently bought traktor and cannot get it to work right.  also had updated os to 10.11.1 and havent used rmx since before that.

installed latest drivers package from hercules site and followed instructions.
when usb inserted i just get all blinking lights on console.
i have unplugged all other usb and just plug rmx into macbook directly.  (do i need a powered hub for this to work now?)
could get traktor to see the unit but blinking lights still and controls did not move anything on the screen and also the whole audio section i could not get to come up in traktor at all.  
the mac and traktor only seem to "see" the rmx once in a while so i tried to do the "manual" flashing of the rmx holding the mic button down as described.  
the flashing seemed to work but only on the "audio" tab of the program and the "control" part never allowed for me to manually put the new bios in.  so if i can get a little help i would be really appreciative and if i need to provide more info please let me know.
thanks a million.

reading further into the forum i can see that maybe i should really try to get a powered hub.  so ill do this.  i guess i just dont understand why it worked before the os update with other software but now needs more power.  osx must be distributing power differently now with its new background refresh features? thanks for any help you can give.