Notifications
Clear all

rmx - sound cutting out / muffled part-way through tracks

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all,

got a problem with my rmx. after a couple of hours djing, the volume drops part-way through tracks. it stays like this for about 30 seconds and then goes back to normal. the change is similar to when you cut out the bass and then bring it back in.

got a few more other smaller problems, but this is the biggest one so any help on this would be good first!

fyi i run traktor pro on a macbook.

cheers! 

7 Answers

First, be sure to use the latest driver for your Rmx (currently v1.77) and the latest update for your DJ software (v1.2.3 for Traktor Pro).

You may also want to check the following document which explains ways to optimize your MAC when using audio applications:

7 Answers
Topic starter

Cheers I'm slightly behind on Traktor updates so I'll give that a go.

Can anyone recommend a pre-amp? I'm playing my RMX (and the club's mixers) into the red everywhere I go due to lack of volume from the unit which I think may be part of the problem.

7 Answers

When connecting to the amp or mixer, which outputs of the Rmx are you using, RCA or the 1/4' jack ?

The 1/4' have an outputs level of +4 dBu, which is used by pro level gear, so if you are using the RCA and you feel the signal is too weak, you should switch to the 1/4' jack.  

7 Answers
Topic starter

Yes it is the 1/4" jack I'm using. It's definitely louder than the RCA, but still not quite up to the job.

7 Answers

That's rather odd.

What type of mixer and sound system is your club using ?  

7 Answers
Topic starter

Wherever I DJ it's always an Allen & Heath.

7 Answers

Indeed , these are fairly common mixers, and I know Xone 92 and Xone 42 are often being used with out products, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. 

7 Answers
Topic starter

first, be sure to use the latest driver for your rmx (currently v1.77) and the latest update for your dj software (v1.2.3 for traktor pro).

you may also want to check the following document which explains ways to optimize your mac when using audio applications:

Topic starter

cheers im slightly behind on traktor updates so ill give that a go.

can anyone recommend a pre-amp? im playing my rmx (and the clubs mixers) into the red everywhere i go due to lack of volume from the unit which i think may be part of the problem.

Topic starter

when connecting to the amp or mixer, which outputs of the rmx are you using, rca or the 1/4 jack ?

the 1/4 have an outputs level of +4 dbu, which is used by pro level gear, so if you are using the rca and you feel the signal is too weak, you should switch to the 1/4 jack.  

Topic starter

yes it is the 1/4" jack im using. its definitely louder than the rca, but still not quite up to the job.

Topic starter

thats rather odd.

what type of mixer and sound system is your club using ?  

Topic starter

wherever i dj its always an allen & heath.

Topic starter

indeed , these are fairly common mixers, and i know xone 92 and xone 42 are often being used with out products, so im not sure why its not working for you.