rmx steel + soundca...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx steel + soundcard ?s

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ive been looking at getting an rmx steel to use with virtual dj . i understand it has no built in sound card . i have a laptop with just a standard sound card in it , can i use the rmx steel straight away with virtual dj . i understand i wont be able to cue up tracks in headphones etc , because my laptop only has one output (the headphone output) 
 my main worry is that will their be a delay between the rmx steel and the vdj software output because of the standard sound card (like when using the jog wheels etc). is this why getting a better sound card (maya 44 etc) is important  , or is getting another sound card is just for being able heaphone cue, a new sound card wont make any difference to the latency .

i hope that make sense . just want to know if i can get a rmx steel , and have a mess around on the laptop i have at the moment and have no delay before buying a sound card . 

thanks for any help  

1 Answer
Topic starter

Jndigo Xpress DJ wil give you  best latency for least money. Only better solution is RME with express card but that is overkill for Djing. 

1 Answer
Topic starter

jndigo xpress dj wil give you  best latency for least money. only better solution is rme with express card but that is overkill for djing.