Notifications
Clear all

rmx vs steel

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i own an rmx that i have used for 1 year on a mac platform and i am quite pleased with it. i want to purchase a second one as a back up and noticed that since then hercules introduced the steel console which i understand does not have a sound card. anyone can explain what the advantages,if any, of not having a sound card might be.

thanks

luc 

1 Answer

Hello djluckyb,

The only advantages of having no sound card built in the DJ Controller are 
- price: removing sound makes a cheaper DJ controller
- power supply: you have more power available to back-light buttons (in DJ Control Steel, the buttons 1 to 6 and the kill buttons are backlit)
- to use the Source 1 and Source 2 buttons as Shift buttons which duplicate the functions of the buttons 1 to 6.

Typically, the 2 kinds of users who may prefer a DJ Control Steel are people who 
- either find DJ Console Rmx too expensive
- or already habve a very audio interface and don't intend to use the sound card built in the Rmx.

1 Answer
Topic starter

hello djluckyb,

the only advantages of having no sound card built in the dj controller are 
- price: removing sound makes a cheaper dj controller
- power supply: you have more power available to back-light buttons (in dj control steel, the buttons 1 to 6 and the kill buttons are backlit)
- to use the source 1 and source 2 buttons as shift buttons which duplicate the functions of the buttons 1 to 6.

typically, the 2 kinds of users who may prefer a dj control steel are people who 
- either find dj console rmx too expensive
- or already habve a very audio interface and dont intend to use the sound card built in the rmx.