rmx2 cue/mix headph...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 cue/mix headphone problem

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have just received hercules rmx2 using djuiced. my problem is that even if i turn the cue/mix knob totally to cue i still hear the track that is playing. the only way i can stop this is to switch off the headphone button on the track that is playing but that would mean switching it every time i change tracks. any help would be gratefully received. thanks

First thing to do is to confirm that you have the correct audio configuration for DJUCED:

Then, confirm that your speakers are connected to OUTPUT 1&2 on the back of the Rmx2, and your headphone to the top or front connector (which replicates Output 3&4). 

Topic starter

Hey Phatso,

I'm having the same problem with the cueing in my headphones. My Settings are exactly as you show in the screenshot except for My audio device doesn't have ASIO after it, so it just says DJConsole RMX 2.

I am on an Imac and everthing works perfectly except this feature. My speakers are plugged into Outputs 1&2 and I have tried plugging my headphones into both headphone jacks. My cue/mix knob is all the way on cueand the volume is all of the way up, but regardless of which deck i am trying to hear in the headphones, I hear only what is playing through the speakers.

I would appreciate any help or insight that you can give me on this.

Thanks 

The fact that you don't see ASIO is normal since it does not exist on MAC.

As for the configuration, if it is indeed the same, that your speakers are connected to Booth Out 1-2 (or XLR 1-2), and the Cue/Mix knob is not in the MIX position, then what you hear in your headphone should only be what is selected by the two deck headphone buttons.

Have you tried modifying the configuration menu, changing to different values, applying this configuration, then changing everyting back to default and applying again ?

You are using the latest verison of DJUCED (2.0.94 b4246)? 

Topic starter

I double checked and yes everything is as it should be but the headphone buttons literally have no effect whatsoever. Do you think that maybe my RMX2 is faulty? 

Literally just bought it last week and have the latest version of everything. All controls are default and everything is set to or connected like it should be. 

Please try the following:

- Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup

- From the Left column, select DJConsole Rmx2, then click Configure Speakers.

- In the next window, click Multichannel, then select Quadraphonic from the drop down menu

- At this point, clicking any of the 4 speaker icons should produce noise in the corresponding output of the console, including headphone.

Please also connecting your speakers to Output 3-4 on the back of the unit to make sure this also works.